HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #11
Chris DeGidio

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Edelbrock aluminm Mopar heads legal ??

2.08/1.74 in B/RB heads. I think the 2.25/2.00 in the Edelbrock flyer is a misprint.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

The NHRA specs make one take the head, pull the big valves and narrow stems, and put in the 2.08 etc. I disagree with this policy and think they should allow the head as-produced with it's own factor, say 10 better than the stock and let the system work. A real money saver there. This subject has been somewhat vetted by the Ford guys with the Edlebrock heads. Hawk tried to get the ruling I favor, but I don't think it got done. Maybe they feel better now.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #13
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Jeff, The 390 Ford Iron head has a 144 cc intake runner and a 103 exhaust runner. The Edlebrock head has a 173 cc intake and a 123 exhaust and is rated 8 hp more than the iron counterpart. You can find those heads everywhere.
I agree with you, what ever Edlebrock produces as a replacement add HP to it and let the system work. So we as the racers can buy new available, and afordable castings to race with. Plus we can support the people putting money into our sport.
The Ram Air 2 cylinder head castings for the car I run, is Impossible to find. The set on the car cost 2500.00 just for the castings. I'd take 20 HP just to be able to buy them.
NHRA need to be flexible and work with us in allowing some new parts so we can keep racing our cars. Something everybody should fight for that has to purchase rare and expensive castings. Just my 02 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
The NHRA specs make one take the head, pull the big valves and narrow stems, and put in the 2.08 etc. I disagree with this policy and think they should allow the head as-produced with it's own factor, say 10 better than the stock and let the system work. A real money saver there. This subject has been somewhat vetted by the Ford guys with the Edlebrock heads. Hawk tried to get the ruling I favor, but I don't think it got done. Maybe they feel better now.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
Erik Jones

Liked 48 Times in 6 Posts

The Edelbrock head will be on the list shortly, it will have the Runner volume as listed from Edelbrock with an HP increase like all the rest. The mopar 452A head has been legal for a while, all of these heads including the iron Stage5 heads all have the big valve combo from the factory. My customers and I have been working with Edelblock for a while now trying to get the head "NHRA" legal and it looks like we have a handle on it. The 452A head and the Edelbrock is the same casting, I have the port design finished so now i am just waiting on NHRA!!!!!!!

Erik Jones
Jones Engine Development
Erik Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
Chris DeGidio

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm glad to hear this.Thanks to all for info and comments.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

I have heard rumblings that Eedelbrock heads for several different applications will be accepted next year.
Dwight Southerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #17
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

It certainly appears when looking at the NHRA-approved heads in Edelbrock's current catalog and those that are in the 2012 new product flyer that they are trying to cover all of the manufacturers. This way, NHRA could wind up legalizing them for virtually everybody and not just the Chevys and Fords.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #18
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

In my opinion, Edleabrock makes a replacement for almost every motor, and should run 'as produced' with its own factor. We need new heads for the 40 year old stuff. I have asked for this for years, and it would really help the older cars. I have both kinds, new and old; country and western. And take 5% off all cars 2007 and older, speed up the old cars. I am off topic here.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
Chris DeGidio

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Not really off topic Jeff.I remember when you posted about this a few years ago,and I don't know how many letters and E-mails I've sent to the ivory tower at NHRA.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
Pete Lanciers

Liked 562 Times in 145 Posts

Can any one tell me what this new 714B head in this NHRA Accepted products list is ? Thanks in advance!

Pete

http://www.nhra.com/userfiles/file/N...edProducts.pdf
Pete Lanciers is offline   Reply With Quote