Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well, we are in and parked and set up for the week. We are down by Gate 8 all the way up against the fence next to the track. So come on down to see us. Larry is working on my golf cart now. It was making a big racket in Bowling Green so he has it apart trying to make some parts that are missing. Anybody got spare parts for golf carts??
Is it something we can send you? What kind of cart is it? FedEx has a hub in Indianapolis.

Let me know if I can help!

Lew
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #32
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts

We arrived in line at about 6:15 tonight and we are #255 and yes they did park 210 today.

Took the 8:30 am corvette assembly plant tour this morning after staying at BG last night. very interesting, there were grandsport,Z06 and ZR1 vettes on the line being built right along with the regular base vettes.the only thing common is the color, they start with one days orders for a certain color and do all of that color regardless of options and then go to the next color If you are in Bowling Green , take the tour and then go to the museum just down the road.

Have not been to Indy since 04, and there is one change that I did not know about, THE TIME ZONE, they used to use central time and apparently 4-5 years ago they switched to eastern time zone.

Took a ride into the pits and looks like plenty of room left. Had a visit with Tom, TJ and Mike Boucher.

Glad to see that as Larry noted, that Jason and Jennifer re-entered,it is fitting and seeing the racing community will be good for all.

The weather on this trip has been fantastic, but not so good for my wife Patty back home in Massachusetts. 1 tree down in the yard is no big problem, but the power has been out now for more than a day and the town called to say that it maybe 3 more days. I feel a little awkward knowing that if I was there, we would have the motorhome for power and all the other things we take for granted.Just hoping they get those wires connected for her soon.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #33
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

Thanks, Lew, but Larry thinks he has it patched up enough to last til we get home. We have been having a great time tonight getting caught up with the Lynch's, the Buckners, Doug Duell, John McLeod, Drew Whalen, Jerry Davis. Everbody's been telling stories!

Lots of people over in lot 3 and back to filling up lot 1. We get to tech tomorrow, so I will get some pics then.

And guess who I saw today??? Mr. Toby Lang, himself! So maybe you guys can talk him into doing some videos here. I have already had a request for the A/S and A/SA Challenges!

Well it is about bedtime, so more tomorrow!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #34
Jeff Goss

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please say "hi" to Toby for me, and let him know I am sending me more of my "good Karma"! It worked last race, I thought he could use it!

Thanks for your updates! Racing at Indy is merely a pipe dream for me. I am super jealous of you all!

Good luck this week!
Jeff Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #35
Marvin Robinson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Casey View Post
We arrived in line at about 6:15 tonight and we are #255 and yes they did park 210 today.

Took the 8:30 am corvette assembly plant tour this morning after staying at BG last night. very interesting, there were grandsport,Z06 and ZR1 vettes on the line being built right along with the regular base vettes.the only thing common is the color, they start with one days orders for a certain color and do all of that color regardless of options and then go to the next color If you are in Bowling Green , take the tour and then go to the museum just down the road.

Have not been to Indy since 04, and there is one change that I did not know about, THE TIME ZONE, they used to use central time and apparently 4-5 years ago they switched to eastern time zone.

Took a ride into the pits and looks like plenty of room left. Had a visit with Tom, TJ and Mike Boucher.

Glad to see that as Larry noted, that Jason and Jennifer re-entered,it is fitting and seeing the racing community will be good for all.

The weather on this trip has been fantastic, but not so good for my wife Patty back home in Massachusetts. 1 tree down in the yard is no big problem, but the power has been out now for more than a day and the town called to say that it maybe 3 more days. I feel a little awkward knowing that if I was there, we would have the motorhome for power and all the other things we take for granted.Just hoping they get those wires connected for her soon.
Indy is has always been in the Eastern Time Zone, but didn't observe Daylight Savings Time. They just recently (about three years ago) started switching to daylight savings time in the Spring, so now they are always an hour ahead of CST year 'round instead of just the Fall/Winter months.

Last edited by Marvin Robinson; 08-29-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Marvin Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #36
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

You guys stay safe and have a great fun time!
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #37
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Wow the Hills,Toby,Ken, and Tom all at Indy. Should be some great reporting,videos, and pictures coming.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #38
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Butch,

The car should be ready for Charlotte. The car came out really nice. Hawk and the Cook Brothers did an outstanding job on this build.

I found a few teaser photos, I hope to have some more photos when the car is complete.
Looks like the making of a best appearing and engineering........
Old 08-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #39
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 983 Times in 299 Posts

Boy Ken pulled out all the stops on the Budget for the "Big Go". Jack I think you may have to wait till next year for that raise again!
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #40
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Robinson View Post
Indy is has always been in the Eastern Time Zone, but didn't observe Daylight Savings Time. They just recently (about three years ago) started switching to daylight savings time in the Spring, so now they are always an hour ahead of CST year 'round instead of just the Fall/Winter months.
Thanks for the explaination,that sounds more likely. All I knew was that every time that I've been here in the last 30 years we had a 1 hour difference and now we don't.

Thanks