Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #11
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jegs in car stocker video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Racing View Post
Not grey, black and white. Rulebook. Electrical/Control:8. 8:2 Delay Boxes/Devices.
Second paragraph.

"...single continuous wire from a power source to a switch, and a single continuous wire from the switch to the line-loc solenoid... All switches, buttons, wiring, must be for normal auto use: ie., not intended to create a delay.... (abbreviated).

If you are building a car to run in NHRA, you may want to read the rulebook. Might save you from some future embarassment.

Andy Stone 1102 A/S 1112 SS/C
Ive never had a conversation that I directly remeber with you.

In the words of Smokey (and YES I actually KNEW him) If its in the rules its in BLACK and WHITE. And his home phone is still in my addy book, he was a MIRACLE ! And PUNCHY as Hell, at the 93 Indy Event you can find Pics of me him and Shelby together, want links or are you capable of looking em up on yer own....? And Leno but he isnt a wrench. AND I will say My stepdad being a main tire eng for GY an Mom being VP till 200X? But shes back on consultancy contract ? , Im not new to Racing, not any form, I choose Mine, it was bikes......and It Failed in UTTER Fashion.

So the Simple answer is ? "single continuous wire from a power source to a switch, and a single continuous wire "

3 wires stages in 1 millisecond cutoffs would exclude that rule correct ?

A 3 way wired say .020 off each contact would circumvent in a court of law let alone rules.

Thats an amazing thing about having your Mother the "VP Records" "Corporate Sec" and about 5 other tiltles to have GY bring back, there are ALWAYS legalitys that can be enforced in a court of law, even with like the NHRA has, Disclaimers....they, like the "No Coat Check Losses Allowed" are useless in a court of law......totally .....people believe them therefore they dont try.

Mom, and Shirley M were friends, Mom was also the first person that got me to change form GY to Hoosiers......she sold all her stock options

I am sorry Andy and I AM, Im having other issues 100% of my own making , but Im getting tired of justifying my knowledge or the legal or rule implication of it, like the wiring, if the RULE says 1, think 3 ? Make sense, 3 partial contacts across a silmetaneous plane would not qualify in a patent court, so well......they cannot here , right ?
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:22 AM   #12
Randy Mullins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i asked jeggie's crewman. about that switch at englishtown ,it is mounted to the right of the steering wheel in plain view ( ray charles ) could see it i was told that it was not hooked up and that jeg used it for practice for when he drives his super comp car and that the 2 step was mounted under the dash on the brake pedal . i really can't believe that this car has been to 4-5 races and this has not been verfied during tech.
Randy Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #13
John Leichtamer Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So you practice your sewer comp driving off of a full tree.
Sounds right to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't there a rule about blinders have to be attached????

Hammer

Last edited by John Leichtamer Jr; 06-20-2010 at 08:28 AM.
John Leichtamer Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #14
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The video was actually shown twice. Split screen stock/Pro stock. You see his hand on the wheel and you see him remove the blinder.

In the second run of the tape the announcer asked about the card board and Jeg's comment was that the "Pro Stock car runs on a pro tree (on yellow) The card board is set such that he only sees the last yellow bulb." Would make sense? In fact I actually watched it four times last night to determine how to set it up. If you run races with both types of trees it would be a good idea even if you are foot brake racing on dial in.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #15
Brian VP

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Mullins View Post
i asked jeggie's crewman. about that switch at englishtown ,it is mounted to the right of the steering wheel in plain view ( ray charles ) could see it i was told that it was not hooked up and that jeg used it for practice for when he drives his super comp car and that the 2 step was mounted under the dash on the brake pedal . i really can't believe that this car has been to 4-5 races and this has not been verfied during tech.
Makes perfect sense to me. As soon as I saw this thread I figured that it wasnt hooked up, just there for comfort and consistancy.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #16
Daran Summerton

Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

HELLO!!! No blinders or finger activated buttons allowed. He has to just imagine there is a pretend button if he needs it. Unless the rules have changed this week. Would anyone mind if I hook up a trans brake and delay box --- I just won't hook it up. PROMISE! LOL
Daran Summerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #17
Peter Ash

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds more like pandering to a sponsor to me. He also got to run an illegal rear crossmember first time out!
Peter Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

These are the rules off the NHRA site.

The rule book is only for people that do not give NHRA tons of money(IE sponsors).

Tape of any kind prohibited on any windshield or
window. The use of any temporary or permanent shielding,
including paint, that obstructs the driver’s vision (e.g., blinders,
staging aids) and that is attached to the helmet, window or
windshield is prohibited. Permitted shielding not to exceed 4 inches
by 8 inches is permitted at this time provided that (a) it has a
permanent attachment to the vehicle, such that it requires tools for
removal, and (b) that the shielding is deemed safe by the driver in
the driver’s judgment and so long as the driver can demonstrate

DELAY BOXES/DEVICES
Two-step permitted. Two-step must be foot activated through brake
pedal, clutch pedal, or pressure switch. Hand release prohibited.
See General Regulations 8:2, 8:8.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
Brian VP

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

I didn't see the video so I don't know about whether the blinder is too big or mounted in a way that would make it illegal but if he has a button on the wheel that isn't wired to the two step or line lock then it is legal.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #20
gmonde

Liked 166 Times in 59 Posts

just saw the footage ,,man!!!! the buttons released and the the shield is tossed ,,drag racing is on espen now ,,,they might show it again gmonde
gmonde is offline   Reply With Quote