HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Bob Gullett
Senior Member
 
Bob Gullett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 951
Likes: 16
Liked 61 Times in 21 Posts
Default Schubek Lifters

..........
__________________
68 Chevy11 327 F/S

Last edited by Bob Gullett; 04-22-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Bob Gullett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Sean Marconette
Senior Member
 
Sean Marconette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 896
Likes: 51
Liked 31 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Schubek Lifters

Daryl Wikle is a rep for Smith. He provided mine two months ago. His number is 316-942-9500

Sean
__________________
Sean Marconette
84 Mustang
5060 SS/N
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
GTX JOHN
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boulder City, Nevada 89005
Posts: 1,540
Likes: 315
Liked 210 Times in 78 Posts
Unhappy Re: Schubek Lifters

Smith Machine out of Cedar City, Utah now is the builder of these lifters. My understanding is he is the old shop foreman when they were in vegas. Better buy a bunch because the quality control is even worse than before......First set two broken plungers and one bottom that came loose in first set I bought in first five runs!!!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
Jeff Lee
VIP Member
 
Jeff Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anthem, Arizona
Posts: 2,766
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Schubek Lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX JOHN View Post
Smith Machine out of Cedar City, Utah now is the builder of these lifters. My understanding is he is the old shop foreman when they were in vegas. Better buy a bunch because the quality control is even worse than before......First set two broken plungers and one bottom that came loose in first set I bought in first five runs!!!
Your lucky you found the problem before it got real serious. I can attest to the damages when one of the pucks do come off.
__________________
Jeff Lee 7494 D/S '70 AMX
Jeff Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Casey Miles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 604
Likes: 25
Liked 65 Times in 21 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Schubek Lifters

Two engines, never put them in my car again! Use the steel billet or the ones with EDM and ramp up the spring pressure.
Casey Miles
248H
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
Glenn Briglio
Senior Member
 
Glenn Briglio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Massapequa Park,NY
Posts: 615
Likes: 289
Liked 82 Times in 35 Posts
Question Re: Schubek Lifters

So have you had problems with the Schubeck or the Smith lifters?
__________________
B&B Auto Machine Shop Oceanside NY (516) 599-7182
Glenn Briglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
Casey Miles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 604
Likes: 25
Liked 65 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Schubek Lifters

I had Schubeck and I'm not say that they aren't a good product,but I still wouldn't take a chance on anything like them any longer. If you even chip one, get ready to take the motor out , buy new pistons and also reboring the block. Never mind all the other small parts you have to replace. (oil pump, camshaft, bearings, and on and on.)
Casey Miles
248H
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
X-TECH MAN
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lake Placid, Florida
Posts: 3,212
Likes: 1,049
Liked 217 Times in 101 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Schubek Lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
I had Schubeck and I'm not say that they aren't a good product,but I still wouldn't take a chance on anything like them any longer. If you even chip one, get ready to take the motor out , buy new pistons and also reboring the block. Never mind all the other small parts you have to replace. (oil pump, camshaft, bearings, and on and on.)
Casey Miles
248H
I know its beating a dead horse but if the valve spring rule had never been changed to any pressure the lifter problem and cost would not be there. NHRA should have just gone ot a standard pressure across the board for all models and brands of engines that would allow equal performance for everyone without the expense of using something like a Shubeck type lifter...... something around 150 lbs on the seat and 350 lbs open and these hi RPM shift points would go away (more savings) . Oh well then they would have to check valve spring pressures at tear down again. To much work I guess.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
Mark Yacavone
Sponsor
 
Mark Yacavone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Preskitt, Arizona
Posts: 4,829
Likes: 407
Liked 660 Times in 247 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Schubek Lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I know its beating a dead horse but if the valve spring rule had never been changed to any pressure the lifter problem and cost would not be there. NHRA should have just gone ot a standard pressure across the board for all models and brands of engines that would allow equal performance for everyone without the expense of using something like a Shubeck type lifter...... something around 150 lbs on the seat and 350 lbs open and these hi RPM shift points would go away (more savings) . Oh well then they would have to check valve spring pressures at tear down again. To much work I guess.
Yep ,Terry. Then you wouldn't need weldments added to the pushrod cup on OEM type rockers, only on certain brands.
__________________
PC? ...Not me
Mark Yacavone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
X-TECH MAN
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lake Placid, Florida
Posts: 3,212
Likes: 1,049
Liked 217 Times in 101 Posts
Talking Re: Schubek Lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Yep ,Terry. Then you wouldn't need weldments added to the pushrod cup on OEM type rockers, only on certain brands.
So what we have is another Super Stock class with a tire size limit and spec cam lift. The heads are "almost" the same....lol.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger