HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #21
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: AA/SA Sorensen @ Woodburn

My, My Ed you sure seem to have pissed in their Wheaties Pal. Let me grab a beer,this is gonna be great!

RJ
RJ Sledge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #22
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Almost anyone with half a brain could build and race a Stocker today that runs about .5 under the index without to much effort. Some classes it is easy to run closer to 1 second under with some good parts and nothing bogus....So when a guy who shows up and runs maybe .2 or .3 tenths under at the few races he goes to and shoots his mouth off about some real fast cars and if they are legal...consider the source. If they passed tech and pulled it apart for the record they are legal by todays standards. The same as years ago...they passed so they are good.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
Bill Edgeworth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed OBrien View Post
RJ
Love brother nothing but Love . Some people seem to forget or don't know when everyone has a good cam and the bore and the stroke are the same and ring seal is not black magic where is the extra H.P. coming from ?
Now Mr. Ed there actually is a lot of black magic involved in high seal low drag rings do you know how much power is in the new 0.7mmand 0.8mm ring packages? How about hot honing? How about gas ported spacers? I do but I spend a lot less time on line than you do. Do you actually know anything other than your incompetent gibberish on this forum?
My apologies to the real Mr. Ed, a talking horse must be intelligent this guy is just a horses behind

But Mr Ed I will give you a chance for redemption;

seems you think anyone that works hard on their stuff and is fast is all cheated up.
I will be in Sonoma why don’t you show up if you actually have anything to race and protest me? We can even have a side bet of a couple grand if you like? They find anything illegal you walk away with some cash and pride. In fact if you like at the end of the race you can have my heads for 3 grand and I will go get two sets done for the $3k.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #24
Tom Dolan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To stir the pot some more, think about this.

Joe never goes this fast at Nationals where there is class. At Vegas in A/SA he went 10.28 in class, McClanahan also went 10.28 running someone else. Does this mean McClanahan can go 9.60's in AA also. Isn't class supposed to be the place to show what you have. Vegas is a factored track, so getting hp is most likely not going to happen.

I noticed that he went a 10.41 in the eliminator at Woodburn, wow 8 tenths slower, I guess he is running on a two barrel for the eliminator or he put a ton of weight in the car, must have a welder with him, because we all know that much weight has to be permanent. I know Joe would not do anything against the rules.

Joe can pick his car up at will, any time any place. Not the usual 1 to 2 tenths or the usual 3 to 4 tenths the top drivers do at a race, he can pick up 8 tenths.

Were is the naysayer on here when it comes to running your car all out, and people are worried about the new CJ's sandbagging. No one should be crying now, the Chevy's can run what they want at will.

I think Joe has two engines, one for the nats and one for div, opens and records. We all know how easy it is to get through tech for records, and how tough it can be at nationals sometimes. I think if he went to Indy, and I have seen him run Indy in the past. If Joe went out and put a number down it would give more clout to the record.

With all this being said, I will give him credit for getting that 9.61 in AA through tech, he is the master.

Anybody know what his mph was?
Tom Dolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #25
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

I met Hal and Joe Sorensen a couple years ago because I used to be a stock racer myself. These are two of the greatest guys you'll ever meet and they work incrediby hard together to reach their goals. I was there during the NHRA tech, which they passed with flying colors.
Congratulations guys--on your new AA/SA National record!

This is my first post on this site, and I would like to share a few pictures I took today of their Camaro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0684_1_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685_1_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0686_1_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1091  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687_1_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688_1_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1093  
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #26
Bill Edgeworth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tom;

136.96MPH

Mr.Ed BIG MAN your not going to reply to my last post?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #27
DEL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been around and watched these guys race for years. To say they are hard core racers who live to race is an understatement. Congratulations...you guys deserve it!
DEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #28
Bill Edgeworth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed OBrien View Post
Bill
I don't really care if your fast or slow or legal or not and that's not the point and if I run a car that goes 2 o3 three under or 1.35 under is not the point either . Now if you think after Sorensen going thru tech on the west coast I'd put 1 dime up to protest someone out there you better sit back and have another glass of wine buddy and think this one thru ! There must be something in the water out west or you guys just have a strange sense of humor to think anyone would trust what goes on in DANNY"S world . Have a nice day
My car has been torn down at Indy and DIV 6&7 and the tear downs were all on the same level. Give up on your conspiracy theory. Or do you think the US Natioanls are part of the conspiracy?

I would also like to point out that ALL the tech guys I have encountered in divisions 3, 6, and 7 work their butts off. They are knowledgeable and have the utmost integrity.
It’s incredible you insult people like Dave Schaffel and crew from Division 6 and the Division 7 tech crew the way you do with your baseless accusations.
they are no ones pupets.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #29
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: AA/SA Sorensen @ Woodburn

David, thanks for the pictures! Joe and Hal, congrats on the great record! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #30
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Wonder how long those Mustangs will let him keep it???