HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
OLD GUY

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Sorenson 1.408 under at Boise

Ya John, just had a stent put in a blocked artery and that punk really pissed me off. Let's see if he has the balls to answer me. One thing is for sure I sure miss all you guys. Thanks for the kind words.
OLD GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Thumbs up Re: Sorenson 1.408 under at Boise

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GUY View Post
Ok mouth, here goes. My real name is Dave Schmitz and I was given the name Old Guy by Bill Kost many years ago. I was a car owner not a driver so you won't find my car under my name. You will find it under the name Darin Grossi. I sold the car at the end of 2005. Is the name Old Guy a bull**** alias, I don't think so. Bill Kost was a highly respected Div. 6 racer who probably won more races than you have entered. Do I care if you take me seriously? No because you are a nobody with a big mouth. I don't deal in bull**** just facts. My anonymous sources choose to remain that way because they are at Boise and qualified in the top 15. Yes they are actually racing their cars which is more than I can say for you. Of course your probably a bottom feeder anyway.
Removing weight from the car after a run before you weigh is against the rules. But then I wouldn't expect a green horn such as your self to know that. Don't you think draining the water is removing weight?
Steve Dimbo operates the scales at Boise and watched the Sorenson boys drain the water.(lighten the car) Don't get me wrong the Sorenson Bros.are good racers and that car is fast in "A" or "B". They whipped us a couple of times and we whipped them a couple of times. We know each other well.
So there are your answers "Mouth". Sounds like you need to stick to Wed.night grudge racing. You might get lucky and beat some high school kid.

OLD GUY
RIP Bill Kost
Well written Dave -- and you're right -- draining water is taking weight out .........
Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
Bill Bagley

Liked 31 Times in 10 Posts

I'm new at this, but I'll never learn if I don't ask .. why would you want to lighten up before going to the scales after a run? Seems to me you would want to be the other way around...
Bill Bagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Red face Re: Sorenson 1.408 under at Boise

So he would be declared illegal and not have to take the HP hit on Monday. Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

Dave ; I'm glad you are alive and well. Hope its not true about Hal.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
RJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mason View Post
Schmidt's for real.
Look under "Darin Grossi" on Auto imagery. That was Dave's driver in his B/SA Mopar. Won some Nationals and Divisionals before the car went to Sweden 2 or 3 years ago.
I'm not as old a guy, but I think I remember the same car ran with a hemi as an A/SA back in the 70's - Sutton and Schmitz?
RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #17
Chuck Porter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave
Evidently we both took a turn at pushing each others "buttons".
Without a doubt I have offended you and for that I sincerely apologize. PM me you phone number and I'l be happy to talk to you in person.
However I still believe anybody that posts should sign their real name. So we have a difference of opinion on that subject.

I don't feel it necessary to compare credentials and I don't know how old you think I am or how long I've been in this racket, but something you might relate to is I'm old enough to remember racing at the old Orange County (OCIR) track well before it closed.

The issue with Hal is not the fact that he drained water out of the rad it is that he HAD to drain water out of the rad to kill a run. I have made no secret of the fact I dislike the AHFS in it's present configuration. For one thing it doesn't take into consideration exceptional conditions like today in Boise. The conditions were beyond mineshaft. Those who normally are fast were real fast today. Those who are normally real fast were bullets today. However the key is these were not normal conditions. So you end up with a HP gift on Monday as a result of unrealistic conditions that may not be duplicated again for years. It doesn't add up to me.

Then I read a post from anonymous contributor, who I felt was taking pot shots at friends of mine and I reacted. I haven't been able to find the rule about taking weight out of the car. Perhaps you or someone can point that out to me sometime.

Chuck Porter
Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #18
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

I think I remember the 70 E body hemi getting alot of HP on runs where it didnt scale or fuel check at 9am on a below sea level morning.

Ebody hemi 457
Bbody hemi 430

Same motor

So it shouldnt matter if you are light if your giving HP to someone who didnt scale.
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

If you think that Dave was tough at the track you should try having him for a boss.

I worked for him (he will claim that I never worked a day in my life) back in the early 80's and he was always a racers racer.

The big problem was all of us getting off to race our cars at the same time.

Glad to hear that you're OK.

Take care,

Bob, Rich & Dave
Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

1 633 B/SA Hal Sorensen, Vancouver WA, '69 Camaro 10.159 11.93 -1.771
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote