HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #31
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkster View Post
It probably won't occur because she has no desire to engage in sapphic activity with the likes of you.
That comment was made by Ed Wright.My,my but you are a stupid littke boy.Can't even follow the progress of a thread.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #32
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
That comment was made by Ed Wright.My,my but you are a stupid littke boy.Can't even follow the progress of a thread.
Regardless of which Ed he was referring to, I have but one more word....OUCH!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #33
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Smile Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
Very possibly. Already changed the rear end gears,looking at a cam in the very near future. Always have the IHRA Salt Lake option this June too! After repainting it,it still looks like it belongs in Stock.....for now.
Lane I hope you do make it out there, but Bandimere's LODRS race is the same wknd., so I may not? I'm looking forward to it though, so if you did show up that would be cool...maybe Randy could make it too???
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #34
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Unhappy Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I stage dead shallow and leave on the bottom bulb too. I also like looking at a clean tree. To me, that is my advantage to leaving first and taking the chance of being the first to go red.
Now why can't we talk about something like the shameful purses we have to run for. If we're going to discuss something that doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of happening anyway why couldn't it be the purse?
Billy, I'm with you and Lane on shallow staging, and the bottom bulb thing, but as for the purses? I think of why my luster for racing for class Wally's is gone...the class contingencies are down to $100 bucks (if not $50) for my car, so it would hardly be worth it for me to get into that "enhanced" class racing format that Glendora blessed us with this year....thus the only good that comes from that is racing in near regular elimination conditions.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #35
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
Lane I hope you do make it out there, but Bandimere's LODRS race is the same wknd., so I may not? I'm looking forward to it though, so if you did show up that would be cool...maybe Randy could make it too???
Gary,the fact that the points race is in Denver has nothing to do with what I choose to do. If I can run the "N" index,I`ll stay here,if not,then maybe some travel plans are in order for an "I" race. If I still can`t run the "N" index and gas prices are around $5 a gallon,I`ll stay home and run the Jackpot race on Saturday night of the LODRS at Bandimere. Regardless,work needs to stay strong to be able to do anything!

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #36
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Thumbs up Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
Do fast car have an advantage? Probably, you have your competitor in sight at all times: the slower car has the disavantage of leaving first, if he red lights he's done regardless if the faster car red lights worse than him. I think that's an unfair disaventage for a slower car. What should be done is to change the right light rule to mirror the first or worse rule this sport was built on. Let's make the worse light offender, the loser. The faster car wouldn't see the red light until he's made his start and then if a red light had come on in the other lane the worst would be shown. Let's make it fair on everybody, brackets to class. I know that this has been debated until everyone is tired of hearing this being recycle every month, but the ever high cost of racing is being push up because everybody wants the faster car causing so people to be pushed out of racing. This is just my opinion and I know what they say about opinions. Claude Ruel
Claude, I (just like Bill D.) agree with you on all of the above, but Ed W. is probably right in that nothing will change (especially if it doesn't pad the pockets of the Glendora group). My way of dealing with the (now) even higher cost of NHRA racing is to embrace the IHRA's growing presence out west. When I get some more seat time under my belt, then I will embrace the NHRA again, because Jody & Toby (amongst numerous others), have shown that the slower car can & does win against the faster cars, and if I did my job on the starting line just .003 better 3wknds ago, I'd have been in my first Stock Eliminator semi-final rnd. of competition. That's fixable, the worst redlight issue probably won't be (whether it should be or not). By the way, The Hawk & Billy Nees, and Mark Y. (Even Ed F. at last years Indy nats), got there selves known to the racing masses driving slower rollers too, so it can be done...even without that change, and just like they've made it happen, I'm going to as well, so you faster class racers best be on your "A" game when you race me, because I'll have my day too...heck check out McNeal Freeman! My Georgia bud is in the Top Ten in the nations point standings, and he finished 2010 8th in D2. Driving a V/SA car! KEEP IT GOING MAC!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
Old 04-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #37
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Quote:
Gary,the fact that the points race is in Denver has nothing to do with what I choose to do. If I can run the "N" index,I`ll stay here,if not,then maybe some travel plans are in order for an "I" race. If I still can`t run the "N" index and gas prices are around $5 a gallon,I`ll stay home and run the Jackpot race on Saturday night of the LODRS at Bandimere. Regardless,work needs to stay strong to be able to do anything!
I hear you Hawk, and trust me I enjoyed being able to enjoy the I's version of my index over the N's version. I hope your work does stay strong (if not get stronger), and your car will run quick enough for you so you can do either the Denver or Salt Lake City race. Hopefully the fuel prices will not go there either, because we all who enjoy this sport should be able to enjoy our passions, and although I'd rather be able to afford to race like I could back in '08, or even in '99, I'll (like you) take what I can get here around me, until things improve more. Hang in there Hawk, you'll be soaring once again, and I'll enjoy reading about how you did it too!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 04-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #38
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Very possibly. Already changed the rear end gears,looking at a cam in the very near future. Always have the IHRA Salt Lake option this June too! After repainting it,it still looks like it belongs in Stock.....for now.

so what, no pics?
Tom keedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #39
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
Claude, I (just like Bill D.) agree with you on all of the above, but Ed W. is probably right in that nothing will change (especially if it doesn't pad the pockets of the Glendora group). My way of dealing with the (now) even higher cost of NHRA racing is to embrace the IHRA's growing presence out west. When I get some more seat time under my belt, then I will embrace the NHRA again, because Jody & Toby (amongst numerous others), have shown that the slower car can & does win against the faster cars, and if I did my job on the starting line just .003 better 3wknds ago, I'd have been in my first Stock Eliminator semi-final rnd. of competition. That's fixable, the worst redlight issue probably won't be (whether it should be or not). By the way, The Hawk & Billy Nees, and Mark Y. (Even Ed F. at last years Indy nats), got there selves known to the racing masses driving slower rollers too, so it can be done...even without that change, and just like they've made it happen, I'm going to as well, so you faster class racers best be on your "A" game when you race me, because I'll have my day too...heck check out McNeal Freeman! My Georgia bud is in the Top Ten in the nations point standings, and he finished 2010 8th in D2. Driving a V/SA car! KEEP IT GOING MAC!!!
You are right Gary, Mac is a great guy! We taught him how to eat pizza at Leonardo's in Gainesville this year! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #40
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
so what, no pics?
WhenI get some pics,I`ll post `em. It`s definately a different look,pearl white and candy purple! I like it!

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote