HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #181
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: If an advocate could be found - what would you say?

The advocate cannot work for NHRA to do any good

RON
Old 02-25-2019, 09:43 PM   #182
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Appreciate the effort Bruce, a big undertaking to say the least.
More power to ya!!
Dwight great input and hope that other concerned Racers can add something positive with making S/SS feasible to NHRA again.

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #183
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Dwight,

I agree with all of your points. We, the old guys, are slowly going away and NHRA must make plans for the future. But I don't think NHRA has to speedup our departure. It would be healthy for both the Sportsman Racers and NHRA if we had a way to communicate with NHRA executives in a meaningful way. I believe that would require a major reset in relations between the Sportsman Racers and NHRA. And NHRA would have to reverse at least some of it's plans to reduce our presence at National Events. It will take at least one major Sponsor, as an advocate, to make things happen.

Most of us know enough about how we got where we are today and most of us know the futility in trying to express our concerns directly to NHRA. That is why I think it would be very beneficial for the Sportsman Racers if we could win the support of companies that pay NHRA large sums of money. Time after time we have seen what can happen when executives from large companies want to champion a cause. Especially when it directly effects their investments. Sure not all the major sponsors will be moved by our concerns but we may find enough support to make a few beneficial changes for all the Sportsman Racers.

I'm not opposed to contacting all the major sponsors to ask for support. I'm communicating with one now to determine it's interest. You never know what can happen until you try.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:03 AM   #184
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Thanks Bruce for your effort trying to get NHRA to get the rocks out of their high paid noggins. I bailed out in 2010 mostly because I didn't like the direction NHRA was going. I think I still had it in me to do some damage on the track.They really took the wind out of my sails. It's probably to late for me to return, both financially and physically ( I'll be 74 in April) but maybe our type of racing can be at least can be prolonged a bit more down the road. Again thanks for your effort trying to keep S/SS a viable outlet.
I really miss the guys and ladies I had the privilege to race against and just hang out with.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:16 PM   #185
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I received an E-mail response form Dave Mohn, concerning qualifying off of the index in S/SS and Comp.:

Hi Mike,
Sorry for the delay in response to your request below.

Several years ago, your suggestion was utilized in a few Divisions at the Lucas oil Drag Racing Series Events. The practice was discontinued due to a number of factors such as racers changing classes from race to race, and tech cards not being input into the system prior to the racer going down the track, different timing systems utilized at different venues, to name a few.

We will discuss internally over the upcoming season and look into the feasibility of your suggestion.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #186
Gary Smith

Liked 51 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
Somebody please enlighten me to these alleged important issues and the implied failing health of NHRA Sportsman Racing.

Audience for one. I've seen more spectators at 4 yr old T-ball games than during sportsman runs at any national and/or LODRS event. It's no secret that fans equate to new blood. S & S/S have become too technical to attract the masses. And despite the drop in automotive enthusiasm, the new fans look to the outlaw stuff (Lights Out, No Prep etc. big dollar grudge races). There may be new cars in S/SS but the concept is far past dated.

Just my $.02
Liked
Old 03-07-2019, 10:28 PM   #187
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

More money was probably spent on promoting the t ball game than on Stock Super Stock.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote