HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-09-2023, 11:02 AM   #1
Woodfin

Liked 70 Times in 38 Posts
Default I am considering my most ambitious project to date

The setup/history. In 1981 I bought as a roller, from Gary Harwood, his first super gas, super pro roadster. I completed it in about 5 months, and it was the first Harwood roadster to make it to the track, and I won super pro the first time out.

The roadster suited me perfectly and was a constant round winner. It ran 9.60's with a relatively mild [by today's standards] 355 SBC.

Today, 41 years later, I have the idea build a duplicate of the car. I am in the process of reaching out to several fellows who worked for Harwood in those days. [Including Tod Bevis] It is my hope someone may have the original plans for the chassis.

I do have a folder of photos that show much of the details. It might be possible to create a chassis dimension drawing from the photos.

Two questions.

*Have any of you built a similar chassis?
*Do any of you have plans for a similar chassis?

The follow photo is an eaxmple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3097.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	69072  
Woodfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 07:33 PM   #2
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 230 Times in 80 Posts
Default Re: I am considering my most ambitious project to date

Larry… Back in the Mid 80's I was a WD for ART MORRISON and HARWOOD. Part of my Art Morrison initial WD Order was 3- '27 Ford Roadster Chassis Kits, One Moly Strut Front End the other 2 Mild Steel Torsion Bar with an Axle, all 4 link. With my HARWOOD WD Order was a '27 Harwood Roadster Body which I still have along with the Art Morrison Moly 4 link Chassis Kit. One of lives curve balls sidelined the Roadster Project, but still hung on to it all. I retained my WD Status on both Product Lines well into the 90's. I would have to dig to find the Blueprints, but know I should still have them. Back in that period of time (80's) the '27 Roadsters were popular in Super Gas and Comp. Companies like Art Morrison, Spitzer, Zeeker, Suncoast and Alston all had kits available. I remember the period Art Morrison catalogue had detailed 3D pictures, I might still have one. Also there was a series of Super Stock Magazines that had detailed articles of construction of a '27 Roadster owned by Mendy Fry, built by her Dad in the late 80's. Chris Alston Chassisworks still sell '27 kit. You have my email address. Hope this helps... Maurice.
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 11:59 PM   #3
Woodfin

Liked 70 Times in 38 Posts

Did you receive my email?
Woodfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 11:48 AM   #4
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 230 Times in 80 Posts

Larry… I sent you an email, please respond to the email address sent. Thank you… MB.
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote