HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #81
joe cool

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Cornhusker Raceway Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiznlow View Post
Thanks for the info, the new owner has to send me a better photo the one i have will not post on here to wide a photo, if you know of any photos of the car at scribner can you post them here, since the car was built in 1969 there is a good posibility it did run at cornhusker at one time
I am in Texas right now, but when I get back in the spring I will talk to some of the old Scribner guys and see what they remember,There is still a lot of them around.
If you get down around Glenwood ,south of town is Kevin Taylors shop, he used to have boxes of pics stuck away, he also remembers almost everyone,he worked for Mike Daly part of the time .

Last edited by joe cool; 12-11-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: old guy syndrome
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #82
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here is the front 1/2 of the camaro I am looking for information on. had to crop the photo so it would fit on here. it was originally built with cragar ss wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camarocapncrunch.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	14719  
cruiznlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #83
lynn engels

Liked 152 Times in 26 Posts

the captain crunch super camaro used to race in marion in the mid to late 70s. saw it there quite a few times back then, try tim mcvey, i think its before his time, but he has alot of connections or chad fergans facebook he has lots of pics from back in the day, good luck. lynn engels
lynn engels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #84
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Cornhusker Raceway Park

thank you very much for the information, will try the one persons facebook and see if he might have some photos of the car from back then.Can you send a message to Tim to see if he just might have some photos of the car from back in the day.

Last edited by cruiznlow; 12-22-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 12-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #85
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
This one is definitely from Cornhusker raceway...is it the same one as posted above...so what ever happened to this Fairlane wagon.

in the backgorund there is a 57 Chevy called the INBOMBER it was a regular at Cornhusker, to see current info and photos of this famous car go to inbomber.com. the car has been restored to as seen in ths photo, very cool story
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #86
jeffro6548

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: Cornhusker Raceway Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Here is a trivia question regarding Cornhusker Raceway Park. Who was the last person to run down the track? And what was I driving???? (was that a big enough hint??? LOL)

Answer: I was driving a 1969 SS427 - SS/E Chevelle. It was owned by Denny Fitch and I drove. Black and white.
Gary, The car was called the H&F Express (Hansen & Fitch) and I once almost backed it off the trailer when it was in the driveway when I was in there screwing around as a little kid....Who am I???
jeffro6548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #87
jeffro6548

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My dad had a Black and White Chevelle called the H&F Express that he ran at Cornhusker. Last he knew the Chevelle was purchased by someone in Blair, Ne. Anyone know what became of it. My father (Denny) still has a whole bunch of the circular window stickers from Cornhusker Speedway. We put them in the back of our 68 Chevelle that we still own.

Gary Hansen if you read this my Dad would love to get in touch with you. message me with your email address.
jeffro6548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #88
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro6548 View Post
My dad had a Black and White Chevelle called the H&F Express that he ran at Cornhusker. Last he knew the Chevelle was purchased by someone in Blair, Ne. Anyone know what became of it. My father (Denny) still has a whole bunch of the circular window stickers from Cornhusker Speedway. We put them in the back of our 68 Chevelle that we still own.

Gary Hansen if you read this my Dad would love to get in touch with you. message me with your email address.
Yea, I know who you are.....you are the ornery little sh-- that called your dad Dennis...LOL

I talked with your dad, glad he is doing OK.... And, that 1969 SS427 Chevelle was fast and we won a few with it.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #89
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69z28 View Post
Al, thanks for the comment on our You Tube site! I am just getting back into the swing with our restoratiion project.

The 1969 Mac's Chevrolet NRHA Divsion 5 Super Stock Camaro

Cornhusker 1969 Charlie Jacobs - Driver

Cornhusker 1973 Jim Hayes - Driver

In my paperwork collection I have a few original programs from Cornhusker from 1969 1970 and 1973. I believe I also have a few time slips.

I started my research in 2002. ( see the links below to a few forums including my recent You Tube page)

Yenko.net
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...topics/23662/1

Team Camaro
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198363

The aluminum Zl1 engine that was used to match race (gamblers?) in 1969 - 1970 by Al McNamara and Charlie Jacobs is in the engine section of the museum at Speedway Motors' Museum of American Speed in Lincoln Nebraska.

http://www.museumofamericanspeed.com/default.dlp

My You Tube page:

I would like to thank Al Howe for bringing this great site to my attention!

For those of us that were there, it is unbelievable that SS/E (and EA) are 2 seconds faster now.....than Jacobs was then....
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #90
cruiznlow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

adding a few photos to the site, also I started a cornhusker facebook site, ckeck it out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cornhusker15.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	15480   Click image for larger version

Name:	cornhusker16.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	15481