HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #4681
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Daryl,
Check your PM's
Looks like that guy has a hot rod shop still. I'm hoping he has a good memory.

See you at the races,
Wayne Kerr

So Wayne is watching a show the other day Highlighting the infamous Hemi Healy from the New York area, when he notices a huge Manhattan Speed Parts Decal on its trunk lid. He PM's me of his findings. I think hey thats pretty cool.!!! He PM's me again to tell me the owner Bob Ida is still with us and the shop still exists.
So I just sent out a email with pics etc. to him to see if Bob may have any memories of my old car from that era. I will keep you posted.
Thanks Wayne!!!!!!!. He is one of the originals here on this thread. Been a long haul and he has made the full trip.

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #4682
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfen View Post
That was 2005. One cold one later Ronnie Sox wheeled up to bench race and consequently sign a couple of LO23s.
Thanks Dave!!!! At least one of us has a good memory. There were ALOT of great times had at Freds over those years. I remember going for supper at Shakers and sitting there listening to so many cool stories with many a famous racer like Arlen, Judy, Ronnie, Dick, Lee, Linda, and so many more. Great great times!!!!!!!! Beers were good too....lol

liteweight
Old 06-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #4683
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post

So Wayne is watching a show the other day Highlighting the infamous Hemi Healy from the New York area, when he notices a huge Manhattan Speed Parts Decal on its trunk lid. He PM's me of his findings. I think hey thats pretty cool.!!! He PM's me again to tell me the owner Bob Ida is still with us and the shop still exists.
So I just sent out a email with pics etc. to him to see if Bob may have any memories of my old car from that era. I will keep you posted.
Thanks Wayne!!!!!!!. He is one of the originals here on this thread. Been a long haul and he has made the full trip.

liteweight

Wow! After all the posts since 2008.....Wow!
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #4684
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

delete. picture won"t post

Last edited by Charlie A; 06-21-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #4685
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

do you know how many times I have walked around this car at e town???? great catch wayne!!!!

Quote:

liteweight
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #4686
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:

liteweight

Got a reply back from Bob Ida. He does not remember The Manhattan Speed Parts Hemi Dart.
Onward and upward we go. No lead is left untouched.
WOW!!!! Theres been a bunch tho!!!!

liteweight
Old 06-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #4687
Liteweight
VIP Member

Another Oldie but a Goodie.. This was the only time Tim showed the car with the steel wheels. Mopar Nats 1989. A Greg Rager photo.
They told me that durring this photo shoot a private aircraft wanted to land and did!!!!! Greg was on a step ladder taking pics when the plane flew right over him. Tim fiqures the landing gear was no more than 30 feet above Greg and the car roof as it did its approach to land.

liteweight

Old 06-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #4688
ddartdude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Liteweight;537480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO23 View Post
Quick question to those of you with a title to your LO23 (or anybody else who may have the answer)-

Should the title read "LO23" or "L023" (as in L-zero-23)? My VIN tag looks more like a L-zero, but obviously people tend to call these cars "El-Oh-23" darts... and yes I've heard that Os were used instead of 0s because zero wasn't supposed to be part of a VIN in the olden days. But what should the TITLE read?? Thanks in advance for any help![/QUOTE

Should read what the VIN says Clint. Thats its legal ID. I take you got ypurs and its a zero.. Prolly operator input error. Should get it changed now while its fresh. Shoot me a pic of the tag in a pm if you wish.

liteweight
I currently own two 1966 D/Darts which are LO23's. I registered the 2nd one last week with the state of Florida. The DMV issued titles to both of these cars as L023's and not LO23's. A third one that I had owned and sold a while back was also issued an L023 title. The DMV said that the "O" was not recognized in their system as a Dodge Price Class for 1966.

The Chrysler documentation from back in 1966 doesn't really specify it as LO or L0. I think it depends on what typewriter the documents were typed on whither it was an O or a 0. I believe the intent was an "O".

Just looked at my Hagerty insurance. One's LO23 and one's L023. Guess I'll have to call and have that corrected.
ddartdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:47 AM   #4689
LO23

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

[QUOTE=ddartdude;538144]
Quote:

I currently own two 1966 D/Darts which are LO23's. I registered the 2nd one last week with the state of Florida. The DMV issued titles to both of these cars as L023's and not LO23's. A third one that I had owned and sold a while back was also issued an L023 title. The DMV said that the "O" was not recognized in their system as a Dodge Price Class for 1966.

The Chrysler documentation from back in 1966 doesn't really specify it as LO or L0. I think it depends on what typewriter the documents were typed on whither it was an O or a 0. I believe the intent was an "O".

Just looked at my Hagerty insurance. One's LO23 and one's L023. Guess I'll have to call and have that corrected.

See, that's what I've been saying I believe to be true, but you're the first person on this forum who agrees that it might just be a zero. I agree that the Chrysler classification system designates it an "O" for Super Stock, but unfortunately they didn't check with the DMV who won't use "O" in a VIN (as I mentioned above). Sooo, my thought is that the MSO and fender tag might read LO23, but the VIN would actually be L023.

The question might really be, should the title reflect the actual VIN, or the MSO/fender tag? Maybe it doesn't really matter, but I posed the question here in hopes of finding somebody with an ORIGINAL title to their "LO23" Dart. And here you are saying that THREE of yours (granted, '66 Darts, but assume it would be same situation) were issued L023 titles. So, my thanks to you for chiming in. I'm afraid to call the gal I've been working with at the State DMV again; she is already getting fed up with this car. At this point, I will just take the title she sends me, whether it is with a "0" or a "O".
LO23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:32 AM   #4690
HEMIDARTDAVE

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I have a pic of an original MSO. I can either post it here or pm it. What does everyone think ? I normally wouldn't hesitate, but you never know........
HEMIDARTDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote