HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default 4-link set up

I have a car that I currently run in super gas that I am thinking about running some top sportsman with it. Question is, what is the best starting point for a 4-link set up. The way it is right now, the car leaves with the front wheels 2 feet in the air even going on the stop right away, so I don't think it would be something I would want to try with the stop turned off.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
VtamRLN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4-link set up

I suspect you have a an IC fairly close to the rear end of the car to maximize your bite to break the beam quickly. Without knowing where that is, the following should apply: Move IC out for a higher horsepower application. As the HP goes up, stiffen the extension on the rear shocks to slow down body separation and provide a longer application of useable leverage.
VtamRLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Currently it has a 58" bar at 4.5" high. The options that I am looking at is either 66" at 2.5" high or 75" at 3.9" high. The engine makes 1175 hp and the car weighs 2400lbs with a 105" wheelbase
Thanks, Chuck
Old 05-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
VtamRLN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As you are describing going Top Sportsman, I would envision that you may be hitting a kit right on the launch? or close to it? I don't have a lot of experience around the Pro stock Trucks but isn't the weight balance shifted forward a bit?

If you are going to hit it early, I think I would start off in the farthest out location. If you feel like it isn't hitting it hard enough to work the suspension, try bringing the kit in sooner. It will apply more leverage at the launch. Sometimes, you have to hit the suspension harder, to make it work correctly.

If that doesn't work, back it up to the middle position.
VtamRLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

The car is my thunderbird not the ranger. No kit, all engine.
Chuck