HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events

Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
JacksonDragway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow Super Stock/Stock Combo meets at The New Jackson [Tn] Dragway

Attention in the pits, attention in the pits. Listen up race fans this announcement is for you.

OK gang check this out, how many years has it been since we've all seen these high winding Class Eliminations in the Mid South?

After a prolonged conversation with Matt Hoover, Doc Hoover's son, last night at his gym in Jackson, I'm as fired up as ever. The spark happened when Bryan Robinson had his E/S 302cu in, 290hp at the track Saturday night. It was like it was 1979 all over again!

Can I get an Amen from the Congregation!!!

Matt made a great point. Index racers have places that they can race, bracket racers have places they can race, outlaws the same thing; but if you have a Class car, there isn't a track anywhere in the Mid South that runs Combo meets on a regular basis. The nearest track that runs Combo meets is Bowling Green. While it’s an awesome facility, it’s still almost 4 hours away.

I absolutely believe that should we host a Combo meet there could be over 40 cars there. Nashville, Memphis, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky and Missouri could pack the place with cars and fans.

It was always my favorite thing about Music City when I started Announcing in the early 90’s. On a Combo meet night, they’d have 40 cars there, and a whole bunch would be stick cars!!!

Racers and fans, David Glidewell has said he wants what the racers want, and more than 1 Class racer has said they’d like Combo meets in the Mid South. Now here’s your chance.

From the Announce Deck,

Glynn
JacksonDragway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts
Default Re: Super Stock/Stock Combo meets at The New Jackson [Tn] Dragway

I will race if you have a Combo race. I run A/SA so for me track prep is very important.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
JacksonDragway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Larry,
Thank you for the showing of support.

To illustrate new Track Manager David Glidewells' committment to the facility, he's literally moved mountain and earth to get the track up to current standard. Two S/C drivers, JR Barclay and Jesse Bobo report that the tracks performance for both equals Holly Springs, equals Bowling Green for Bobo and is within .-03 of Bowling Green for Barclay.

Further, two Super Stock drivers have toured the track with impressive numbers. Mitch Autry's FJ Smith built GT/AA Olds Calais came out a few weeks ago. On a Test N Tune night mind you with tons of street cars and motorcycles there, he carded a -43 under his NHRA index at almost -.30 better than the current IHRA record.

How have the stick cars fared one might ask? Well, Bryan Robinson was in his E/S 69 Camaro this past Saturday night. His 302/290 ran a best of -57 under the current NHRA index. Robinson should be in Atlanta at the Southern Nationals for anyone wanting a first hand account of the track.

Track prep is taken very seriously. The track gets scraped regurlarly and uses the time tested prep method of rosin, burn in with a torch, followed by dragging and spraying VHT.

Consistancy? Well an example of that rests with our most recent Footbrake winner last Saturday night. April Cole came up from Mississippi and was .003 in the 1/4 finals, bye in the semis and .005 on the tree to take the win in Footbrake.

For those who have never been to the track, the shutdown room is very long. Back in the day the track was built as a 1/4 mile track. It now offers 1750 feet of shutdown space as an 1/8 mile facility.

After seeing the crowd's reaction to Robinson's high winding, 3 foot wheelstanding gear jamming excitement, it made several of the track veterans think its about time to have Combo meets.

Nothing like a good ole Saturday night Super Stock/Stock meet to get the blood boiling.

We'd love to invite you all!

From the Announce Deck,

Glynn

Last edited by JacksonDragway; 05-13-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
JacksonDragway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mickey Whetley and Matt Hoover say they're in!

Roll Call!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
JacksonDragway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope everyone has fun in Norwalk and Atlanta and everyone can join us for some Saturday night fun in Jackson.

Will post open dates, directions and purse structure when available.

From the high winding section,

Glynn