HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2018, 08:58 PM   #21
fastlane

Liked 53 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Factory Stockers FS/XX

For factory stock to survive NHRA needs to add it to way more then the 7 events it has now. There is not 1 event anywhere near the west coast. It is now a half country class. Also it will need to be available in the points meets. As it gets more popular there will be entry limits like in every other class. If it is not a class that you can run in a points meet in order to get grade points to even enter the FS/xx in the future at the national events, you need to drop 200 lbs out of your car to 3360lbs and that requires a completely different setup, so you have to convert your car to run FS/AA with a sportsmen lite and a breakout and a dial in to be able to get the grade points I know that is not a requirement now but that will change every year Chevy adds 69 cars Ford and Mopar 50 each so that's 169 more cars of which about 50-60 are XX supercharged cars. Also it would help if NHRA backed off on some of the changes allowed and keep it as close to how it came built to keep the cost down and give the average racer a chance to be competitive. When you turn it over to schumacher to add to all his professional teams what will chevy and Ford do the same then you have another Prostock. Right now the cost is 130,000 for the car 45,000 for the engine upgrade 35,000-40,000 for a transmission 7.50 cage and suspension and brakes. And that is before a motorhome and trailer and assorted equipment. A lot of money to spend to get to just a few racer or 7 if your willing to travel across the entire country. And still not be competitive with factory backed teams. NHRA needs to think this class through before it is ruined.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Angry Re: Factory Stockers FS/XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
For factory stock to survive NHRA needs to add it to way more then the 7 events it has now. There is not 1 event anywhere near the west coast. It is now a half country class. Also it will need to be available in the points meets. As it gets more popular there will be entry limits like in every other class. If it is not a class that you can run in a points meet in order to get grade points to even enter the FS/xx in the future at the national events, you need to drop 200 lbs out of your car to 3360lbs and that requires a completely different setup, so you have to convert your car to run FS/AA with a sportsmen lite and a breakout and a dial in to be able to get the grade points I know that is not a requirement now but that will change every year Chevy adds 69 cars Ford and Mopar 50 each so that's 169 more cars of which about 50-60 are XX supercharged cars. Also it would help if NHRA backed off on some of the changes allowed and keep it as close to how it came built to keep the cost down and give the average racer a chance to be competitive. When you turn it over to schumacher to add to all his professional teams what will chevy and Ford do the same then you have another Prostock. Right now the cost is 130,000 for the car 45,000 for the engine upgrade 35,000-40,000 for a transmission 7.50 cage and suspension and brakes. And that is before a motorhome and trailer and assorted equipment. A lot of money to spend to get to just a few racer or 7 if your willing to travel across the entire country. And still not be competitive with factory backed teams. NHRA needs to think this class through before it is ruined.
You nailed it ! But its almost impossible to get NHRA to "THINK" about anything through except the Fuel Junk !

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 09-26-2018 at 11:18 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #23
Rat Raceway

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway

With DSR involved and now leading the pack, this will NEVER be a class that the even SUPER well off Sportsman can compete in.

I don't see anyone being able to throw the money, time or R&D at the cars to keep up with them... IMO this is the worse thing that could have happend to the class and will discourage more people from jumping in. (I hope I'm wrong!)
Rat Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #24
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Raceway View Post
With DSR involved and now leading the pack, this will NEVER be a class that the even SUPER well off Sportsman can compete in.

I don't see anyone being able to throw the money, time or R&D at the cars to keep up with them... IMO this is the worse thing that could have happend to the class and will discourage more people from jumping in. (I hope I'm wrong!)
Ross, I believe I read in another post, that you campaign an FS car. In another post, in this thread, it was mentioned cost was 130k for the car, plus another 80k or so for engine, trans, etc. and it won`t be enough.
I think Pro Stock will turn here and into Pro Mod sooner rather than later.
Mike A114
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #25
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Raceway View Post

Understood , but why can't "well heeled" racers that can afford to run Pro Stock not do the same thing in XX? I don't get it.You dont think anyone can compete because DSR racing is involved?
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #26
Rat Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Ross, I believe I read in another post, that you campaign an FS car. In another post, in this thread, it was mentioned cost was 130k for the car, plus another 80k or so for engine, trans, etc. and it won`t be enough.
I think Pro Stock will turn here and into Pro Mod sooner rather than later.
Mike A114
I do run a COPO car in FS/B, but do not run FS/XX. I am very fortunate to be lucky enough to run the normal eliminator but by no means can hang with the gentlemen that run that class.

Now that DSR is involved I believe my original estimate is no long even in the ballpark of what it would take to have a car that can be competitive with the caliber of competitors now involved.

Again I am not trying to “pee on the parade” just don’t see how anyone not on their level keeps pace.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:23 PM   #27
Rat Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
Understood , but why can't "well heeled" racers that can afford to run Pro Stock not do the same thing in XX? I don't get it.You dont think anyone can compete because DSR racing is involved?
Look a Charlie in pro stock! He is an unbelievablely taleted man and has more then most have to offer and look where he is in the Prostick class! This is by no means a dig on him, but he didn’t have anything for the field when it came down to the nitty gritty!!!
Old 09-27-2018, 12:05 AM   #28
fastlane

Liked 53 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
There are a few reasons one is prostock is a pro class FS/XX is a sportsmen class, PS runs in 24 events VS 7 PS gets national sponsors you would be luck to get a local Co. to give you anything for 7 events that gets very little tv time. DSR can in their shop build and test engines all day long with factory support It doesn't matter how well heeled you are how do you do that unless you own your own shop and are willing to stop running it as a business but as a personal sponsor. There are plenty of other reasons most tied to a 7 race series cost annualized over 7 races is a big one.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:33 PM   #29
blkjack

Liked 51 Times in 16 Posts

All it will take is one bad 175 mph crash with glass all over the track. That will take the shine off the apple! This combo wasn’t designed for the kind of speeds that are to come
blkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:06 PM   #30
ironside68

Liked 16 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
There are a few reasons one is prostock is a pro class FS/XX is a sportsmen class, PS runs in 24 events VS 7 PS gets national sponsors you would be luck to get a local Co. to give you anything for 7 events that gets very little tv time. DSR can in their shop build and test engines all day long with factory support It doesn't matter how well heeled you are how do you do that unless you own your own shop and are willing to stop running it as a business but as a personal sponsor. There are plenty of other reasons most tied to a 7 race series cost annualized over 7 races is a big one.

Isn’t that kinda similar to Barton then? Engine builder, factory support. He probably has more customers then DSR, leading to more data as well? Even Elite and their program? Love the class, but it has plenty of cuts causing some bleeding.
ironside68 is offline   Reply With Quote