HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-17-2017, 12:55 AM   #1
Bob Sherwood

Liked 329 Times in 50 Posts
Default Do we really need this crap 😎

Here I am standing at the gate in the rain at BIR trying to get in to my truck and trailer after driving 7hrs at 11pm and I am told my Nhra credentials aren't any good , that I have to have a wrist band from the entry shack but they can't give one and I'll have to wait till 8am and talk to Nhra. If I want in tonight I will have to buy a camping ticket to get a wrist band but they are a 4day pass@$250. I realize I am a pain for them because I can't take an extra day to be there early but work doesn't allow that! There are other people out here with the same problem . I could understand if you just arrived with rig and race car trying to get in but if you rig is already in side from the week before😎😎. Aw hell I could rant for an hour , I'm done going to bed ,spent the $250 so I had someplace to sleep
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #2
Dickens

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Do we really need this crap 😎

Bob
That really sucks! I would recommend going to "The Zoo" first opportunity. It will not resolve the problem but you will feel better about it.
Seriously, Wish I was at the Zoo
DD
Dickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #3
Bob Sherwood

Duane I wish you were here too. At least I don't have to pay the extra fee to get in the zoo because I am a CAMPER.!! 😁
Old 08-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
gks1050

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

Hey Bob. Wouldnt all of the sportsman racers that just came for the national event have been allowed in yesterday for their credentials and parking? Glad Im not their. Grant Singer
gks1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #5
Bob Sherwood

Yes they were but they close pit parking at 5pm (Nhra) and your credentials aren't any good unless they scan it and give you a wrist band. You know like a 9-5 job!! National event and we knock off at 5. Sounds right doesn't it😎
Old 08-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 506 Posts

I had a similar issue at one of the div 2 points races where I left my rig for the gators the following week. I just ignored the gate person and drove past them to my rig. They didn't bother to chase me down. Some of these gate trolls get pretty obnoxious sometimes. They know most of us racers stay in our motorhomes or trailers with LQ. If you have your credentials then there is not much that can do when you drive past.