HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #91
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dommination of FI cars.

The fast idle control lets additional air in down stream from the throttle body. The MAP tells the computer to turn up the fuel. More air = more cfm that isn't controlled by the throttle body.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #92
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry 6674 View Post
The fast idle control lets additional air in down stream from the throttle body. The MAP tells the computer to turn up the fuel. More air = more cfm that isn't controlled by the throttle body.
At WOT, it will not make a difference.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #93
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I guess the man doesn't realize that at WOT there is no vacuum.
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #94
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SSdiv6- I'll be at the National Open in Bremerton in June. Stop by my pit and I'll give you a demonstration. It does make a difference. Hope to see ya. What is your car number?
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:27 AM   #95
zach craig

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Then you should go bracket racing in lieu of racing in Stock Eliminator. Stock and Super Stock have always been consider performance classes. Although not perfect, let the AHFS do its work to equal the field.
you are right i would love 2 go bracket racing in a n0 box car git paid $10,000 and git a full spred in national drag. But that aing going 2 happen eny time soon so i have 2 suck it up and keep pooring the cash in my POS in the garage and hope it is fair SOME DAY........
zach craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #96
Ken Haase

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lee, you better hope there's no 'vacuum' at WOT, or any other throttle position, 'cuz your engine will die. It's actually a negative pressure differential. Vacuum is the absence of air, or atmosphere. And some people think that it's an exercise that will clean their carpets. Now, don't anyone use it incorrectly from now on.
Next month, we will cover the proper usage of 'altitude' (what you achieve when you fly in aircraft) vs.'elevation' (what you experience more of at LVMS than at Atco).

Class dismissed!
Ken Haase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 AM   #97
STK 1045

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SSDiv6 is right Zach. No offense but I just didn't buy a killer high class stocker only to run someone in the same class, who is slower, running different dial ins. As far as the money aspect, and being beat by someone with more cash, if you're already worried about the money, maybe Stock and Super Stock aren't for you. If you love Bracket Racing so much and think heads up runs should be eliminated, then maybe you should consider sticking with Bracket Racing. Like what was previously posted, these are performance based classes. If we were to take away the performance aspect (heads up runs), it only water down the classes even further, plus, now new spectators would be confused when you have 2 cars in the same class, and one gets a head start. The only advantage to having a fast car, then, would be running heads up for class at National Events. And alot of people who run only divisionals would never be forced to step up performance wise, thus, diluting the eliminators even further. Just my $.02
STK 1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:13 AM   #98
Tom Turner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was gonna stay out of this thread but I couldn't stand it any longer and I do have a dog in the fight. Many of us knew early last season that the re-mixing of FI and traditional stockers was probably going to happen so I kept a pretty close eye on the 8lb and 8.5lb classes from the middle of the year on. I dont know where some people get their info but it doesn't look like total domination to me, in fact, the upper classes will probably be dominated by the same folks that dominated A/SA and B/SA last year; with the possible exception of Ryan McClanahan (probably the baddest Stocker there is) and maybe a few eastern LS-1's. Those of us with LT-1's will not find an easy path through the traditional cars. It is possible that the heavier FI cars have an edge in their respective classes but at the top of the heap, it aint gonna be easy. By the way: Evan, you were right on as usual. Gale Forse, you are an idiot! Speed Racer, (you little monkeywacker) I hope your Mom comes into your room and breaks your fingers; all of them! Zach, call me; you obviously have strayed since the last sermon and are badly in need of an attitude adjustment. I couldn't find anything in the new rule book that illudes to a soft, cushy transition from bracket guy to Stock Eliminator hero. Stock 1045 (whoever you are), you were right about Zach but please forgive him for being such a dummy. He drives very well and could be in a good Stocker ride but that would require a repositioning of his head so as not to have such a great view of his small intestine.
Tom Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #99
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts
Talking Re: Dommination of FI cars.

I can't wait for the season to start so I can turn my Mustang loose and start bashing carburated cars,because if it's as fast as the carb guys think it is I'm going to have a great time.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #100
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Wink Re: Dommination of FI cars.

Tom Turner---You're 110% right and I couldn't agree with you more......yes , its' very hard to stay out of this fight ! ! !