Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #21
troublemaker427

Liked 65 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: Poking the Bear Ford Performance Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
As a die hard ford guy I find this extremely frustrating!!!

One thing to fight the competition, but to fight our own....arrg!
I agree 100%.
As someone who bleeds Ford blue it is very frustrating to see how the CJ program has changed since Jesse Kershaw moved on. I obviously don't know everything that is going on behind the scenes but on the surface it isn't very encouraging...

When you compare the obvious effort being put forth by Chevrolet and Dodge, Ford is behind. I sure hope Ford doesn't screw up a good thing.
troublemaker427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #22
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts

Now, I'm on the outside looking in on this deal but it seems to me that FFFord has taken some of it's monies from it's NHRA program and dumped it into Nascar. They sure seem to be spending a lot on Nascar lately.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #23
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhuff View Post
We are waiting because this is a open forum for his side of the story.

Very good point

I know he's only been involved with Ford Performance Drag Racing for about 2 years now.

Most of the CJ owners have been loyal to Ford Motor company and Ford Drag racing for over 30 years.

When NHRA agreed to take a look at 1 common Supercharger on all models of Cobra Jets. When they contacted Mike why would he say Ford Motor company "is no longer interested"? Especially after he wrote an email to the 08-12 CJ owners saying he was going to approve it. It's heat breaking especially for the CJ owners that actually partitioned NHRA for the shoot out class. Now cars that they have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in can not compete.

Next question for Mike is why would he deem a stock eliminator combination illegal to run in the stock eliminator shoot out class? Attached is what he wrote in an email....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mikes response 4.0L.png
Views:	90
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	46338  
Old 06-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #24
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Mike, why would you have the only cars participating in the shoot out put parts on their cars that you never got approved by NHRA and start and embarrassing war about it at Gainesville? Instead of just doing your job and protecting the CJ owners.

These are my questions since it's an open forum.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:37 PM   #25
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker427 View Post
I agree 100%.
As someone who bleeds Ford blue it is very frustrating to see how the CJ program has changed since Jesse Kershaw moved on. I obviously don't know everything that is going on behind the scenes but on the surface it isn't very encouraging...

When you compare the obvious effort being put forth by Chevrolet and Dodge, Ford is behind. I sure hope Ford doesn't screw up a good thing.
Jody, I also bleed Ford blue and Jim D'Amore has told me on a few occasions how frustrating the entire situation is. I certainly hope that Ford doesn't screw this up!
Old 06-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #26
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 846 Times in 193 Posts

Mike has been nothing short of awesome to us and helping our CJ program.
My gut feeling on this one is this, and remember we have nothing newer than a 2013 CJ, if the older stuff is super competitive then it makes the newer CJ sales be effected in a negative manner. We would have loved to jump in and compete in the Showdown class with our older stuff, if we could be competitive.
And chances are, Mike is being given direction on this deal.
With that said, it’s strictly my 2 cents and that normally doesn’t get you very far.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #27
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Jody, I also bleed Ford blue and Jim D'Amore has told me on a few occasions how frustrating the entire situation is. I certainly hope that Ford doesn't screw this up!

Bill,

Ain't no doubt you bleed Ford blue, I've met you at many races and you were always to support the brand. When NHRA put the 4.0L combination on the books the very next day Don Fezell bought Superchargers and a Longblock to have it in his car for the shoot out. As we were assembling the long block for him word was released that Mike pulled that engine combination from the shoot out. Even though he already knew Don was building this combination. It's extremely depressing a rep from Ford would turn against their own kind.

Jim
Old 06-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #28
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Mike has been nothing short of awesome to us and helping our CJ program.
My gut feeling on this one is this, and remember we have nothing newer than a 2013 CJ, if the older stuff is super competitive then it makes the newer CJ sales be effected in a negative manner. We would have loved to jump in and compete in the Showdown class with our older stuff, if we could be competitive.
And chances are, Mike is being given direction on this deal.
With that said, it’s strictly my 2 cents and that normally doesn’t get you very far.

Brett,

First you know I have the utmost respect for you and your family. This is an email Mike sent to the older Cobra Jet owners with his promise to help. When NHRA agreed to it Mike then turned it down with the comments he was no longer interested. So why write such an elaborate email to some of the older CJ owners promising help. I have already spoken to upper management at Ford and they have said to me they don't care what it is they just want a Ford on the pole. Mike is pretty much acting on his own now since his direct bosses have been removed or moved to a different department inside Ford and is no longer associated with Ford Performance.

Jim
Old 06-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #29
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Old 06-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #30
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
This looks like the answer to me. It is all about the Bean counters
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote