HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #101
DYER

Liked 181 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Poking the Bear Ford Performance Products

I agree with charley mike is a good stand up guy and does what he can he works for a large corp. and his last name is not Ford !!!! and it his nice to have a guy like mike that talks to all ford racers not just cobra jet owners . and yes I was in that photo at indy !!! bill dyer stock 3077
DYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #102
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

I am a ford guy(2017 Ford Mustang with a Stage2 Whipple Supercharger) and I have heard only one side of the story.I sure Mike is a great guy and I sure would like to hear his side of the story.Just Saying!
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #103
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Great post Charlie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Tom please tell us who all these unhappy ford racers are. I think 90% of the ford racers that actually go to more then 2-3 races a year are happy. This JDM bash Mike D thread so I can get my way has been going over two weeks now and I only see 2-3 in the whole county mad. Heck Jim even questioned Al Corda a veteran class racer when Al had something good to say about Mike.

If you and JDM don’t like the ford rep you two should talk with any of the GM sportsman racers with cars over 8 years old. Most have no idea who their rep is, Heck most of them could not even tell you who their last three reps were. I asked two long time GM SuperStock racers that have won national events in 2018 with top of the line fast clean GM cars if they were getting any help from GM and they both just laughed we can’t even get a free T-shirt or hat.

I think Mike has done a good job helping ALL the ford racers new and old over the past year. Funny last year at Indy all ford racers new and old were invited for a group INDY photo. Has GM or Mopar ever done that for all their racers at an event like INDY?
Old 07-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #104
Tom Dolan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see a pattern here, hoven drives a mopar, downing drives a mopar, corda use to drive a mopar, and mike drives a mopar, but he support all the ford racers. How can that be, ford does not make anything for the old cars, what support could ford possible give. Oh he is a nice guy, my bad. Well he did get the rs combo approved, that's a big plus.
Tom Dolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #105
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
Great post Charlie!

Todd,

I think you and I have met in the airports more than at the race track. Congratulations on your win, that Mopar has been around a long time. If you owned a 2008, 2010, or 2012 Cobra Jet you would understand how difficult it is for the owners of these cars to have an engine combination already on the books and then have Mike D. take it off the books while saying to NHRA Ford is no longer interested.. You should have seen how heart broken Don Fezell was realizing the class he help start (Showdown) that he could no longer participate in. Along with ruining the chance for more Cobra Jets to participate.

I know if my engine builder received R&D motors from Mike D. for Free I would stick up for him too. I would think he is a great guy if I got multiple engines for free. This is a whole new can of worms Mike is involved in, do you want me to open it?

Jim D'Amore
Old 07-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #106
Dallas Kelly

Liked 85 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Funny last year at Indy all ford racers new and old were invited for a group INDY photo. Has GM or Mopar ever done that for all their racers at an event like INDY?
Well, I can certainly take exception with that comment. I was present, competing in SS/B at the 2017 US Nationals and although I did receive a ball cap from Mike, I was NOT invited to participate in the Ford Racers group photograph. Draw your own conclusions.
Dallas Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #107
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D'Amore View Post
Todd,

I think you and I have met in the airports more than at the race track. Congratulations on your win, that Mopar has been around a long time. If you owned a 2008, 2010, or 2012 Cobra Jet you would understand how difficult it is for the owners of these cars to have an engine combination already on the books and then have Mike D. take it off the books while saying to NHRA Ford is no longer interested.. You should have seen how heart broken Don Fezell was realizing the class he help start (Showdown) that he could no longer participate in. Along with ruining the chance for more Cobra Jets to participate.

I know if my engine builder received R&D motors from Mike D. for Free I would stick up for him too. I would think he is a great guy if I got multiple engines for free. This is a whole new can of worms Mike is involved in, do you want me to open it?

Jim D'Amore
Yes, please do.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:53 AM   #108
DrJRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D'Amore View Post
Todd,

Jim D'Amore

The old saying “something is wrong in Dodge” comes to mind as I read
this. If one owns one or more 5.4/4.0L 2008, 2010, or 2012 Cobra Jets,
your incentives for developing your racing program, or someone you were considering for driver/ sponsorship, are more limited. So are the resale value of these cars. Just simple, provable observations.
Douglas Jonak 🇺🇸
DrJRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:59 AM   #109
kdanner

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJRacing View Post
The old saying “something is wrong in Dodge” comes to mind as I read
this. If one owns one or more 5.4/4.0L 2008, 2010, or 2012 Cobra Jets,
your incentives for developing your racing program, or someone you were considering for driver/ sponsorship, are more limited. So are the resale value of these cars. Just simple, provable observations.
Douglas Jonak 🇺🇸

How so? 5.4/4.0 was never legal in Stock Eliminator at all. This year it is. OK, it's still not legal in the showdowns, but it never was. Plus the earlier cars can run any 5.0/2.9 combo now. Isn't that far less limitation than ever before?
Old 07-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #110
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
How so? 5.4/4.0 was never legal in Stock Eliminator at all. This year it is. OK, it's still not legal in the showdowns, but it never was. Plus the earlier cars can run any 5.0/2.9 combo now. Isn't that far less limitation than ever before?

kdanner,

The 5.4L 4.0L has been legal in stock for over 3 years. It was just recognized and put in the guide this year. But 3 years ago you could have raced this combination. As for the 5.4L 4.0L in showdown, it was on the books for 30 days. NHRA didn't post it for 2 weeks after it was approved so it was made viewable to the public for about 2 weeks. Roger Allen didn't like it so Mike D. took it off.

If you spent 8 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars in R&D work on your 5.4L 4.0L combination why in the world would you put the 5.0L in play? It just doesn't make sense for those who want to run their original 5.4L combination. You can put a 2016 crate motor in a 10 or 12 SCJ car and run it in the showdown but you couldn't run the original 5.4L combination it came with.

Why would Mike D. take a legal stock eliminator combination out of the showdown guide? I asked him face to face and he could not give me an answer. I even asked his boss last night and he still hasn't given me an answer. It is a legal stock eliminator combination, the showdown class is stock eliminator.

Jim D'Amore