HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #11
Natural Disaster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sportsman Advisory Counsil

I have to agree with alot of the points that have been brought up. As far as the guy who said well with the LED bulbs we are back where w were with the incandesents. put some more time in the box and make eeveryone happy. so this is my promotional list.
1. one free oil down
2. all classes at national events
3. I card at divisional events
4. Im going to add make the tree 00s
if the first three were changed i might come back and run NHRA but after going to an IHRA event and having the best time i have had racing its going to be hard for nhra to compete
Natural Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
H.A.A.C. Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
Well, those numbers don't lie. I also went back and looked at the number of competitors in S/St at each of the division races for Division 1 and 5 in 2007:

Division 5
1 - Grand Bend, KS - 70
2 - Brainerd, MN - 44
3 - Morrison, CO - 60
4 - Cordova, IL - 50
5 - Topeka, KS - 60
6 - Earlville, IA - 70

Division 1
1 - Virginia - 30
2 - Maple Grove, PA - 70
3 - Atco, NH - 66
4 - Lebanon Valley, NY - 66
5 - Cecil County, MD - 54
6 - Englishtown, NJ - 62
7 - Atco, NH - 68

Throwing out the low and the high in each, and averaging the rest, Division 5 averaged 60 S/St cars per division event in 2007, and Division 1 averaged 63 cars. So, they're basically identical in division race attendance.

I don't know though...I still have a hard time believing that there's more competitors in S/St in states like South Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming, Minnesota, and Iowa than there are in states like NY, NJ, Mass., CT, and PA. I base that SOLELY on the population base. Maybe we're too busy up here in the Northeast attending the opera and drinking fine wine though.

What I DO know is that there was only ONE national event where the field was completely full, and that was Englishtown. I think a one or two people got in last year with a grade of 4, but if you want to guarantee yourself a spot over the past few years, you basically had to have a grade of 6 to get in. Here are the attendance stats for S/St for 2007 national events:

Phoenix - 58
Atlanta - 48
Chicago - 56
Englishtown - 60
Denver - 56
Seattle - 54
Houston / Dallas Debacle - 34, but I don't know how many were in Houston in the spring, but given that Houston is this weekend and the only class that's full is TA/D, I highly doubt Houston was full in S/St last year (especially considering how the weather looked going into that race).
I got into S/G last year in Englishtown with a grade 2. What grade was S/ST full? Kinda makes you wonder why we S/ST has trouble getting to race at other events when some classes dont even come close to filling at one of the biggest races in the country.
H.A.A.C. Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.A.A.C. Racing View Post
I got into S/G last year in Englishtown with a grade 2. What grade was S/ST full?
I was pretty sure it was full at grade 4! I remember it was mostly full at 6, but I was surprised that there were still about a dozen spots left. Then, for some reason not many people registered with a grade of 5. My recollection was that there was something like 5 spots left when it went to a grade 4. It's possible that it never filled until it got to a 2, but I doubt it. My guess is that if you got in with a two, it was because somebody else dropped out. But, that's all speculation on my part.

But hey, who cares? You got in, right?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #14
SGSST109E

Liked 124 Times in 58 Posts

Just to jump on the band wagon. Make the sportman pro tree a 500 tree. Gives more flexibilty for bigger and older cars to change classes.
SGSST109E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #15
990 Novas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another thing to think about as far as the National Events we do get to race S/ST at. I don't know about you guys in other divisions but here in D7, if you look at the stats for the Phoenix National Event in S/ST, they take 60 cars and I believe there were only 55 entered, if I'm not mistaken. What I would propose is move the D7 S/ST national to Pomona. I would venture to bet that NHRA would get close to 100 entrys for S/ST. My reason behind this theory is because there is more local S/ST racers in So. Cal than in Phoenix. Once you open the flood gate for Pomona, I believe it would rise the moral for the local S/ST racer. How about you guys in other divisions???...Is the track that has the one and only national for S/ST not in the best area per capita for S/ST racers?

-Ventura Motorsports
990 Novas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #16
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Sportsman Advisory Counsil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 Novas View Post
Another thing to think about as far as the National Events we do get to race S/ST at. I don't know about you guys in other divisions but here in D7, if you look at the stats for the Phoenix National Event in S/ST, they take 60 cars and I believe there were only 55 entered, if I'm not mistaken. What I would propose is move the D7 S/ST national to Pomona. I would venture to bet that NHRA would get close to 100 entrys for S/ST. My reason behind this theory is because there is more local S/ST racers in So. Cal than in Phoenix. Once you open the flood gate for Pomona, I believe it would rise the moral for the local S/ST racer. How about you guys in other divisions???...Is the track that has the one and only national for S/ST not in the best area per capita for S/ST racers?

-Ventura Motorsports
Greg, We have our S/st Nat at Englishtown, a beautiful place to have a race closest to NY, NJ, Ct area, but Etown fills up instantly and has major time restrictions as to when you can race and when you stop. Has only 60 spots.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #17
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

When did this turn into a S/ST discussion? Geez. I guess the Advisory Council members have their hands full with issues that racers want changed (we knew they would).......Good Luck Representatives!
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #18
H.A.A.C. Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1153 View Post
When did this turn into a S/ST discussion? Geez. I guess the Advisory Council members have their hands full with issues that racers want changed (we knew they would).......Good Luck Representatives!
It's a S/ST discussion because S/ST is the "black sheep " of the .90 classes. I will have to get into your dads lawn dart (milk dud) and try S/C.
H.A.A.C. Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
990 Novas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Gary, thats my point exactly!... S/ST is pretty popular in D1, so when E-Town opens up, all of the folks who have the grade 8 and so on fill it up. Out here in D7, as we all know gas prices aren't the cheapest, so alot of folks skip the National in Phoenix. Trying to get into Pomona out here is a 7 grade minimum, if you are a S/G, S/C racer. If they had S/ST at Pomona, it would fill up just as fast.... Are you and the "Mayor" coming to Vegas this year?

-Ventura Motorsports
990 Novas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #20
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 Novas View Post
Hey Gary, thats my point exactly!... S/ST is pretty popular in D1, so when E-Town opens up, all of the folks who have the grade 8 and so on fill it up. Out here in D7, as we all know gas prices aren't the cheapest, so alot of folks skip the National in Phoenix. Trying to get into Pomona out here is a 7 grade minimum, if you are a S/G, S/C racer. If they had S/ST at Pomona, it would fill up just as fast.... Are you and the "Mayor" coming to Vegas this year?

-Ventura Motorsports
I'm thinking they should only allow one car in SST @ ETOWN & that should be determined by most round wins there over the past 4 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . Greg I agreed with SST @ Pomona I would have a ride right pal! Yes the MAYOR & CREW will be @ Vegas. Finally HAAC finish my MILK DUD BEFORE IT MELTS ON THE JIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom DePascale is offline   Reply With Quote