HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #31
David Daulton

Liked 19 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: How much does the Purse have to be to get you to race?

Hey Barry,
Sounds like you have a good thing in the making.
To your original question regarding purse, it has been my experience in the class/combo races I have been involved with here in Ohio (division 3) that entry and payout have very little effect on car count. I really believe we could have let racers (I'm talking NHRA regulars) in for free & they wouldn't have come. There are some that will just about always show up and just as many that will not come regardless. To get to the later group I think you would have to be at a purse of ten grand or more to get them to consider coming to the track. I think that continuing to promote the race as a great opportunity to honor Dave and Alan as couple of respected friends and racers and have a great time racing is the way to go. Invest in some really unique trophies/awards that racers that knew Dave and/or Alan would really want to win. I wish you all the best and I believe that you are on track to having a really nice, fun and competitive event that in the end will be a great tribute to a couple of great long time class racers.

Dave.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #32
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

Dave Thanks for some good suggestions. I believe you are right about racers showing up. With the early responses I believe the purse will be north of ten thousand. But I hope it's more than just the money racers show up for. These two guy were devoted to our sport and looked up to by many that started racing Stock and Super Stock in the last 30 years. There is an ASRA race on that Saturday with a racers picnic. It will be a great time to reminisce about these great guys. You don't have to be an All Star member to race either day. You would receive the track payout on Saturday and on Sunday the track payout along with the payout for the Lebrun/ Peters Memorial race. The track is also putting up a free drum of VP race fuel for the high points winner of both day's. I said it before if you own a Stock or Super Stock car and stay home shame on you. Not only to show support for these two great icons of our sport but to also show support of our class and the willingness of us to stick together. Barry
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #33
B Parker

Hey Dave We are just getting some of leg work done to get the support we are looking for to have a great funded Memorial Race. We will be posting more in a few weeks. Barry
Old 03-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #34
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,411 Times in 1,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david daulton View Post
to your original question regarding purse, it has been my experience in the class/combo races i have been involved with here in ohio (division 3) that entry and payout have very little effect on car count. I really believe we could have let racers (i'm talking nhra regulars) in for free & they wouldn't have come. There are some that will just about always show up and just as many that will not come regardless. .
Old 03-25-2019, 09:21 PM   #35
B Parker

Hi All just giving a quick update on the Dave Lebrun/ Alan Peters Memorial Race. With the help of several other people we are well on our way to making this one of the best Stock/ Super Stock races of the year. I have said this already and I will repeat it several more times knowing most of you get it. The primary purpose of this race is to come together as one and celebrate the life of these two icons. If you own a Stock or Super Stock race car and don't show up for this race again SHAME ON YOU !!! This race is about Dave, Alan, our past and our future. I have the job of making this the highest paying Stock/ Super Stock race ever. Today was Mike day. Thank you to Mike from Arizonian, Florida and New York. Thanks to all the others that have donated so far. Your donations are very much appreciated. One hundred percent of any money collected will go to the pay out. Barry

Last edited by B Parker; 03-25-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #36
B Parker

Just an update. Sorry for the delay in any new information about the race. Lucas Oil showed interest in helping with a donation to the race. So we had been pursuing them for a possible Title roll for the Dave LeBrun/ Alan Peters Memorial race. Although at this time they were not able be the Title sponsor they have committed to a large donation. At times like this we need to remember the companies like Lucas Oil that without their financial support sportsman racing would be in big trouble. In Division One we are really lucky. There are several companies that really step up and support us. We all need to remember them when we make purchases. With the help of Dan Lynch we have picked out what we think will be a special Trophy for the winner. Scott Hall of Moroso Performance is sending several products to us to use for prizes. Rich Fetch has also let us know that they will be donating goody bags with Zep products worth over $100 to all racing this Memorial Race. We have collected thousand so far from many of you that were willing to donate to this special event. Thank You. Again 100 % of any money donated will be used towards the purse. For those that haven't donated yet give it some more thought. This could be a once in a life time event. You can call me at (413) 5797729. Or email me at bgp1614@aol.com If you plan on racing this Memorial Race there are several of us that are committed to making this a great race. Help us out send a donation no matter how small everything will help. The thing to remember also with most races that have a large payout. The entrance fee's are normally in the hundreds of dollars. The entrance fee for this race is $55 dollars. Greg Barsamian has been working on sponsor ship monies and with Bill Howell to get flyers printed. Marc LeBrecque has been a big help in coordinating this event with ASRA and Lebanon Valley Dragway. Thanks Barry

Last edited by B Parker; 04-14-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #37
B Parker

Another update, check is in hand from Lucas Oil. Whenever we see their reps at races we need to thank them for all they do. Famed Rhode Island resident Dean Cook has stepped up to the plate in a big way. Dean will pay the Canadian racer that goes the furthest $200. He is also going to pay the All Star member that goes the furthest $ 200. He is going to pay the stick shift driver that goes the furthest $ 100. And if that is not enough he will pay the winner's All Star membership for 2020. Thanks Dean always a class act. Barry Parker
Old 04-21-2019, 09:14 AM   #38
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

What would be the best way to get there, from Hickory, Ky, It sounds like fun with two races in one trip.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #39
GATOR

Liked 56 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
What would be the best way to get there, from Hickory, Ky, It sounds like fun with two races in one trip.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hick...13!2d42.490135
GATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #40
B Parker

Hi Larry, We would love for you and Patsy to show up. This is a two day ASRA race. A separate race on Saturday and then the one with the Memorial race on Sunday. It's only $ 55 dollars per day to enter. The racer with the most points for both days get a free 55 gal drum of C-12. I was told in the past they have let you trade it for another VP fuel if you pay the difference. There will be a racers picnic late Saturday. Everyone is welcome to bring a side dish or a desert. This weekend will be like racing in the old days. When everyone cared about everyone else until we hit the starting line. We are also going to be posting money for the racer that travels the furthest. We will let you know. Just undecided yet as to do one or two. I will be bringing a small PA and we would love to hear any Dave LeBrun or Alan Peters Stories. I have a few. Bob Broadbent we are counting on you to have some. Barry

PS. Larry if you bring the reporter with you I will pay your way in on both days. She does such a great job. Thank you Both

Last edited by B Parker; 04-21-2019 at 01:16 PM.