HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Mike Fuller

Liked 163 Times in 62 Posts
Default Things are changing

I was very suprised about this when I read the article.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012072...text|FRONTPAGE
Old 07-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Things are changing

No more hanging out at the Sunoco Station on friday night learning about carbs.(home on computer) No more cars as entertainment. (flip phones) . No more showing off the new paint job or wheels.(NEW I pad). Many $ reasons here.
No More vehicle identity except Sion or other boxes. Mass cars with different black chrome or body bends.
No more access to easy to learn car lessons. Only air up the tires and add gas. Car dies , have it junked.
Model A fords are taking hold with some younger because they can "tinker" with actural car parts....
Time for a No regulation Car people can work on and enjoy it. I doubt it, our love of cars is being replaced by a cheap, hand held device addiction.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts

[QUOTE=Dick Butler;336429]
No more access to easy to learn car lessons. Only air up the tires and add gas. Car dies , have it junked.
So True, Dick. My oldest grandson just graduated from high school. He is an excellent student but is "mechanically challenged"...............A couple of months ago, his 10 year old F 150 developed a knock in the engine. Time to call Grandpa. I quickly determined that it was a rod bearing that went bad. I check the oil and it didn't register on the dip stick. So when I explained the problem to him, I said, "it is out of oil and you spun a bearing". I told him I would take the engine apart and look at it. When I drained the oil, there was about a quart left in the pan. My grandson saw that and said "I thought you said it was out of oil, there is still about a quart in there" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Both of my girls are "gas and go". They did get the part of changing the oil every 3 to 5k. And they did get the rightsy-tightsy thing!
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Reed Granrt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Both of my girls are "gas and go". They did get the part of changing the oil every 3 to 5k. And they did get the rightsy-tightsy thing!

I got all yall beat, I fussed at my daughter cause her husband(my son-in-law) wouldnt change his own oil. She got on to him and he changed it. Now I got to rebuild the transmission and the motor. He crawled under it and drained the transmission fluid and added 5 quarts of oil to the motor. So transmission lasted about 2 miles and motor lasted about the same amount. The motor like to have caught on fire as oil came out of the dipstick tube and got all over hell and creation. Enough of yalls **** about lazy people. Im going back to changing her oil. cant stand the help. He didnt know they had a oil filter or he would have left it off
reed

reed
Reed Granrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Granrt View Post
I got all yall beat, I fussed at my daughter cause her husband(my son-in-law) wouldnt change his own oil. She got on to him and he changed it. Now I got to rebuild the transmission and the motor. He crawled under it and drained the transmission fluid and added 5 quarts of oil to the motor. So transmission lasted about 2 miles and motor lasted about the same amount. The motor like to have caught on fire as oil came out of the dipstick tube and got all over hell and creation. Enough of yalls **** about lazy people. Im going back to changing her oil. cant stand the help. He didnt know they had a oil filter or he would have left it off
reed

reed
Boy friends with lack of mechanical ability have not yet come into play.....can't wait.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts

[QUOTE=SStockDart;336436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
So True, Dick. My oldest grandson just graduated from high school. He is an excellent student but is "mechanically challenged"...............A couple of months ago, his 10 year old F 150 developed a knock in the engine. Time to call Grandpa. I quickly determined that it was a rod bearing that went bad. I check the oil and it didn't register on the dip stick. So when I explained the problem to him, I said, "it is out of oil and you spun a bearing". I told him I would take the engine apart and look at it. When I drained the oil, there was about a quart left in the pan. My grandson saw that and said "I thought you said it was out of oil, there is still about a quart in there" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary one of my grandsons is good with tools and fixing thinks the other would rather play video games. There the oldes the others are to young right now hope all is well in az.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

I think we will start a class called "Basic Car" Then Dads can bring in their kids at some age for an hour a week and have tools, oil, tires etc explained so kids have a clue before things get this bad...
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Great article, kind of funny because of my three girls, all like cars, the oldest now that she owns quality cars has ask me to show her how to wax and make sure to follow proper maintenance schedules, my other two girls are both gearheads and will change their own oil and tires when they come over. This does cause problems with boyfriends when the girls know much more than their boyfriends.lol Claude Ruel
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

And that is why Stock and Super Stock will never survive in the coming years, no one cares about cars like we did !

JimR