HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
Sean Marconette

Liked 165 Times in 60 Posts
Default Classic LQ Trailer Wiring Diagram

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for their LQ trailer? I bought mine used, and the dual batteries in the landing gear section do not look wired correctly. The battery for the generator is separate and was completely dead Sunday went I went to test. It should not matter what brand trailer you have. If it has 12 VDC and a 120 transfer switch. Just something generic is all I am looking for.

Thanks
Sean
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
KennyAnderson

Liked 234 Times in 80 Posts
Default Re: Classic LQ Trailer Wiring Diagram

Hey Eric,

I'm a former Classic dealer (when they were still in bus that is) and a current Classic LQ owner. Which company installed the interior in your trailer as that could make a difference. Mine has a Double Duty Conversions interior if that rings a bell. Did they install the generator or is it "owner" installed? Sounds like the gen battery needs tied into the house batteries which should charge from the inverter and/or the 12v accessory circuit from the truck. See if there is a draw from the gen battery when nothing is running, something in the gen could be drawing 12v or if its wired to the ATS that could be the draw.
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts

http://www.neotrailers.com/

These are the folks that used to own Classic before it was sold to the guy that took them down and ended up in prison (I think).

They may be of some help.

Good Luck,
Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Sean Marconette

Thanks all,

It is a Double Duty. Conversion. I ended up wringing out each wire. The dual batteries in the front had multiple loads added. The tie cables from positive to positive, and negative to negative were missing. The factory had brought the garage 12 VDC light power all the way to the dual batteries, instead of going to the Parallax power supply. Same thing for the tank monitor power. The main battery disconnect in the LQ did not shut anything down as it had too many paths back feeding the Parallax power supply. I will have the rest of the wiring traced out tomorrow. The generator is also factory installed. I found a 30 amp fuse open and a ground wire at the generator corroded, so I believe I found why the generator/winch battery was dead as it was not being charged.

Hopefully Vintage and other LQ trailers manufacturers are wired better than this! Just because the factory or whoever they sub-contract to, safety equipment should work and adding several inline fuses instead of bypassing the power panel. Power panels labeled for the device instead of what color of wire is on a fuse.

Sean
Old 06-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
Kirk Morgan

Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts

Some of the older Onans do not charge the battery when they are running. We have cable splicing trailers we had to hook a small charger to keep the battery charged up as it powered the fuel solenoid and fuel pump also.

Kirk
Kirk Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Sean Marconette

Thanks Kirk,

I found that the charging circuit from the Parallax power supply does not appear to go back to the generator battery. In the 3 years we have owned this trailer we have only charged the generator battery once, so that is what is odd. There has to be a charging circuit otherwise it would have needed charged more than once. There is a NOCO EG-70 dual battery isolator installed at the generator battery, so there has to be a charging circuit.
I am still looking.

Thanks
Sean