HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman
Talking Re: National Event Parking Credentials

So if I have this straight, if the driver and crew have their tickets, thats what NHRA wants before they will let us in to park? Yes/No/Maybe Thanks, Guys/Gals and #37, what happens if you finish #2, do they call you #2? Appreciat the help, #81237580489 Billion, thats long hand for first round DUCK!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #12
Jason Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: National Event Parking Credentials

Rock - I don't know that this is the policy everywhere. This might be Gainesville only. It's the first time I've seen it.

They would not give me my free (gold card) crew ticket either. If you get a chance, could you check on the policy for those? I got a letter from NHRA outlining the perks of the gold card ... one of which was a free crew ticket at National and Divisional events. I thought that I could give that ticket to anyone I wanted. The age-experienced dude at the gate would not give me the ticket since nobody was with me at that time. They did the same thing with Steve Cohen.
Jason Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Ok...I don't know about the gold card thing....but it happened to me in division 2 also...(when I used to get gold cards).....

but this is what our Division director said....and I like it...

"The two entries with the same driver has been dealt with by the each division a little differently.

If I understand correctly in Div 2 (don't know about the others) they do not issue a separate event credential with each entry and consider it a separate "driver only" credential.

Our North Central Division host Lucas Oil DRS tracks have agreed to issue an event credential, which in the case of a single driver with two entries the second entry credential could be used by a crew person.
This is the same policy currently in effect at NHRA national events.

Our tracks have held the line on our entry fees for 2009 which will remain at $150. We have, however made an increase in our event crew passes from $40 to $50. This is the first crew pass increase since 1995."

It sounds like its a Division 2 divisional only thing......

Rock
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
Rollins_2241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This policy wasn't posted at Bradenton, only Gainesville (so far). I had only one entry so I didn't have to test these waters at either track.
Rollins_2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #15
SC1317

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Rock, be glad you're not in div 1! Nat opens are $135 driver $40 crew, except the Dutch which is $170. They haven't posted prices for divisionals, but guessing at least the same as last year, $170 driver, $50($55?) crew.
I really hope they straighten out the crew pass for the guys that have 2 cars, it would be the right thing.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
Jason Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Gainesville-only thing. They don't exactly run their track Sway or Bader-style.
Jason Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #17
63corvette

Liked 297 Times in 90 Posts

When at the Phoenix national the parking procedure was the same as last year. The parking crew only wanted your competition number and crossed you off the list they had.
The email from Jason had indicated we needed the electronic credentials to get in the gate. In reality the electronic credentials was only looked at once at the Credentials Trailer to put the restricted area sticker on them.
The one time we left the track during the event we were given a hand stamp and the lady did not want to see the credentials as we left. Upon return the same lady wanted to scan the electronic credentials but the scanner did not work. Dead Battery! She remembered us as we rode the Harley out when we left so I asked her what the hand stamp was for if she was required to scan the tickets back in. She gave me a blank stare shrugged her shoulders and motioned us through the gate.
The only advantage to the new credential procedure is it is less work for the ladies at the credentials trailer. That did go faster.
My 2 Cents
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I did forget to mention that the trailer line went really quickly......
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman
Smile Re: National Event Parking Credentials

In at Gators, overall painless. You get, Parking pass, Tech Card, Pit Vehicle pass at the parking gate.