HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
STOCK1278

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation The Dutch Schedule?

Anyone know if there's a schedule posted for the Dutch Classic yet? Checked www.nhradiv1.com and nothing yet.

Thanks,
Jason
STOCK1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: The Dutch Schedule?

http://www.nhradiv1.com/content/gene...537&zoneid=147
Old 10-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
STOCK1278

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks!
STOCK1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: The Dutch Schedule?

Is anyone expecting SNOW Saturday at the Dutch? Thats the only reason that I can think of for them to have %&^$@ SNOW MOBILE qualifying. Why do they have to screw up this great pure sportsman race with a circus act?
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
A/SA Fairlane

Liked 54 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Is anyone expecting SNOW Saturday at the Dutch? Thats the only reason that I can think of for them to have %&^$@ SNOW MOBILE qualifying. Why do they have to screw up this great pure sportsman race with a circus act?

I totally agree with this. Even as a guy who snowmobiles 5000 + miles a year and runs a cabin rental business that caters to sledders, running sleds at this event is a slap in the face to all sportman racers.
A/SA Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Geez! What's with all of the hate about the sleds? The count is never very large, meaning a full round of qualifying or eliminations often takes less than 10 minutes, and I've never, ever, seen a sled oil the track. They aren't a "circus act". They are racing on a dial-in with every intention of going rounds and winning, not some type of exotic exhibition group where winning a round doesn't matter because they all get paid - win or lose.

I have a cousin in Illinois who drag races a sled, and he absolutely is a sportsman racer in every sense of the words. He used to bracket race against anything until a Camaro got out-of-shape and almost ran over him. Now he just races against other sleds or bikes.
BobOrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 965 Times in 63 Posts

Apparently you weren't at Brainerd this year. One puked all over the track right in front of me before the semi-finals of Stock eliminator. We were down for what had to be all of 30 minutes.

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Angry Re: The Dutch Schedule?

Its not about hate.....Its about TIME. TRACK TIME. If the weather gets a little dicey then what gets put behind. Yes....the stock and S/S racers. Let the sleds run at their races but let the sportsman racers have their race at the one GOOD sportsman race of the year. You dont see Comp, S/S, and stock, etc. wanting to run at the races where these things run. The Dutch has Comp. Hemi shoot out, stock, S/S, T/S, T/D and all of the .90 classes. There is only so much time in a day during this time of the year. It gets cold, the dew sets in and the weather can change in a moment. Leave the race pure as a sportsman race and take the sleds, and any other add on and run them where they belong. The Dutch has gotten along just fine without this for all of these years. Next thing you know they will have a pit bike challenge and bracket racing thrown into the mix.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Its not about hate.....Its about TIME. TRACK TIME. If the weather gets a little dicey then what gets put behind. Yes....the stock and S/S racers. Let the sleds run at their races but let the sportsman racers have their race at the one GOOD sportsman race of the year. You dont see Comp, S/S, and stock, etc. wanting to run at the races where these things run. The Dutch has Comp. Hemi shoot out, stock, S/S, T/S, T/D and all of the .90 classes. There is only so much time in a day during this time of the year. It gets cold, the dew sets in and the weather can change in a moment. Leave the race pure as a sportsman race and take the sleds, and any other add on and run them where they belong. The Dutch has gotten along just fine without this for all of these years. Next thing you know they will have a pit bike challenge and bracket racing thrown into the mix.
Top Dragster wasn't contested at the Dutch until 2007. Top Sportsman has been there longer, but was there an outcry about these classes being added when they were? I just looked at the schedule, and they don't even have the 1st of 2 Q rounds until the third day of the event, then they go directly into eliminations on the same day. Letting these folks participate isn't a time issue. The predicted time frame for their first round of qualifying is only 15 minutes. I'm going to assume (because I don't know for sure) that these folks are the same folks who have been racing as Pro Stock Snowmobile in both the NHRA and IHRA. If so, as I understand it, they fund themselves like Top Stock used to be. If so, they won't be dial-in -- first to cross the finish line wins. There are no special events to run that could be considered to be a showcase events for them, and being a part of other events doesn't make them showcase (or a circus) either.

Maybe it's just me, but I still don't get why anyone would be opposed to those folks racing at the event. The time they'll use is insignificant.

"Leave the race pure as a sportsman race..." The Hemi Challenge/Shootout is a recent addition to some sportsman events. The .90 classes have been around for quite a while, but some would not consider them to be "pure". Comp hasn't been around forever. Purity is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited by BobOrme; 10-21-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:14 AM   #10
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
Apparently you weren't at Brainerd this year. One puked all over the track right in front of me before the semi-finals of Stock eliminator. We were down for what had to be all of 30 minutes.
Actually I was there, but wasn't covering the class. I don't have national event data stored on my computer so I can't access the run log, but I'll trust your time frame perception, and retract my statement that they don't ever have oildowns.