HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
Dusty Lowell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Dusty Lowell
Default Re: A-Body mopar guys: Where do you guys get your headers from without going custom?

I have davis steps, they were worth a bunch over hookers but what a pain in the ***.
#1773 STK F/SA
Dusty Lowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
mike natoli

Liked 52 Times in 16 Posts
Smile Re: A-Body mopar guys: Where do you guys get your headers from without going custom?

Jeff,
I had a set of the stepped 1 17/8 - 2" 3 1/2" collector Hedman headers built by I believe Phil? His brother is a member of this site. Did a great job bending welded flange, fit great and reasonably priced compared to a custom built. I will venture to say they are custom. Now I'm in the midst of building my son a small block duster would like to have him put another set together for me. These were slip together one out each fender well and just a little clearance problem with a 28" tall front tire. Is this the same person and if so can you email his number at Hedman to me. They look great coated and also had the evacuation tubes the one thing I will do on this set is have O2 sensor bungs installed before coating.
Best Regards,
Mike
mike natoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A-Body mopar guys: Where do you guys get your headers from without going custom?

We have a set of TTI stepped headers on a small block duster. Those headers have to be the easiest headers I have ever installed, with the engine in the car. The instructions do state to loosen the drag link and turn the wheel to one direction, install the drivers side. Install the drag link back and turn the opposite direction and the passengers side just slides in place. We have been really pleased with the ones we have.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #14
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I have a set of TTI's on my '72 Valiant small block and I agree that they are REALLY easy to install, and work with a big starter, little starter, 90-degree oil filter adapter, or no adapter at all. An amazingly well-engineered fit.

I have been very happy with them, but I read a dyno report that said on a big hp motor, they'd give away about 15-20hp to a set of Hooker Competition (1-7/8" or 1-3/4".... can't remember which) headers, probably because of the skinny 1-5/8" primary tubes used at the flange.

If I were running my car in a "performance class," I'm not sure I'd leave these on my car.

But, for a street/strip car, I am not sure they can be beat...

Sorry; I just noticed your car is a big block. All bets are off...

My apologies.

Bill

Last edited by bill dedman; 12-10-2008 at 02:34 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #15
Kenny Wigington

Liked 60 Times in 12 Posts

My brother Phillip does work at Hedman. If you call 770- 664- 8880, likley he's gonna be the one on the other end with you. Him or Mike Thomas. Both know the stuff well. Give em a call, see what they can do for you.

Merry Christmas all !