HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #41
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

Are you really a white guy?.....Eddie we love ya no matter what color you are......

anyway....Jason.....our cars run fairly fast and I have no plans on making them any faster....the speed thing is self governing.....we don't think the cars would be as competitive if they were faster.....

and 1 more thing Jason....when our cars come off the stop.....they run pretty good...its still a pretty good ride...I like it........Eddie loves it....

oh yea one more....I wasn't that nervous with the 217 mph sc car.....but the 201 mph sg car got my attention....I couldn't believe he got a hold of the track way out there....incredible....when one of the guys on this board raced him...he said he looked back and didn't see him....womped a couple of times...looked back and he was past him with the chutes out...........incredible.....

cbs

wow.....
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #42
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
oh yea one more....I wasn't that nervous with the 217 mph sc car.....but the 201 mph sg car got my attention....I couldn't believe he got a hold of the track way out there....incredible....when one of the guys on this board raced him...he said he looked back and didn't see him....womped a couple of times...looked back and he was past him with the chutes out...........incredible.....
I know the feeling! The difference is the guy going by me wasn't doing 201 mph, he was doing 170 mph!

Well, I've got to get back to work too to keep the money coming in so that I can keep giving it to my engine builder...
Old 07-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #43
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Oh, and by the way, have a great (and safe) 4th everyone, and good luck to all of you that will be racing!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #44
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Eddie Loves it "

If there was a stronger word than Love I would use it ,,,,,,,

It is not boering , it gets your attention , and for a Grand Pa ,,, It is a rush !!! ,,,,when you see me , I'll bend over for a good kick in the A_ _ for not switching to a big block years ago !!!

One thing I would change If I was Mr. NHRA
I would not put or tell folks what the reaction time was ,,,, Think about it ???
You would have to really be a driver !!!! My 2 Cents !!

Colorful Racer
Old 07-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #45
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

you know every year I used to say....we need a little more..just a little more....

but I haven't said that in a few years....the durability of 1200 hp is a lot less than 800 hp...so its much more work and expense....but a lot of fun....

have a great 4th......

CBS...
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #46
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

S/st 10.00 back half cars only? Why back half cars only. Maybe we should change and run to a 1000ft that would change everything. If you want to run wide open there is two other classes that offer that. Stock and super stock ( Jeff d.)

The back half only was to keep the playfeild even,a full chassis car is alot more repeatable,and also would keep the 150plus cars in SG where they belong.
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #47
MUSTANG3637

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry bryan, i thought you were going in a different direction with that comment. I run a mustang with 10.5 tires and somewhat stock suspension. And the car only runs 10.00-10.20 depending on weather. And 131-135 mph. I've been doing this for about 9 years and love it. Just leave the .90 classes the same.

Have a great 4th everyone.

See you guys in stanton next weekend

jeff d.
MUSTANG3637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #48
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153
Exclamation Re: An Idiots Guide to Super Class Racing

First off.......Jason.....please stop saying the same thing OVER AND OVER again with these HUGE posts. I stopped reading your responses, they are redundant and too much reading. Short and sweet and to the point.

As far as this situation goes....why not educate the fans instead of just sending out .90 classes. Maybe a TV show on .90 racing to explain what REALLY goes into racing these classes. I know when I explain to the novice race fans their head spins when I get into weather stations, throttle stops, ratios and finish line racing.

Obviously there is alot more than meets the eye and lets expose Throttle Stop racing for what it Really is. We could get alot more personal and industry exposure with a simple TV show series showing off sportsman racing.

LETS DO IT!
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #49
mrolds

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I might as well make some enemies
I won my first try at H/R at Byron in 04. NO throttle stop( just a mechanical limiter),NO delay box! I ran 7.00 on the index twice through the day.It was a blast! I LOVE the heads up pro tree.
After that I put in a linkage stop & box. It was boring, & the best I could muster was a r/u at Cordova. I found it easier to run the number with the limiter!
I sold the Red 65 442 in dec along with the stop & box, In favor of the current car. So far it has run a best of 10.909 & come later in the year ,if the weather is nice enough to run consistent 10.9's I will try S/St at Earlville.
Yeah the national events everyone takes a break when john force is done, but at the divisional events, the classes people watch are super/stock & T/S, & afc & tad if they're there. There's my 2cents.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #50
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman

The stands empty out after top alcahol anything. The balance of Sportsman Racing is for racers and the most educated of fans. We could find plenty of people whom don't like bikes for example, but the guy or gal on the bike does. I beleive this to be the point. Super class racing is not intended to be fan freindly. It is supposed to be difficult, which it is. hAPPY 4TH TO ALL.