HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > All Star Racing Association
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 581 Times in 127 Posts
Default Paul Roberts, LV tech inspector since the 60's

Paul passed away from cancer Thursday Sept 29th. A fixture at the Valley for years, Paul was considered a friend by many and he will be missed. Paul's wife Joan worked in the ticket booth. He was doing tech work at the oval track up until earlier this year, and he did tech at the dragstrip for years and most recently worked some saturdays, but no longer worked sundays at the dragstrip. Lebanon's website has funeral details which are weds the 12th.

Rest in Peace my friend
Old 10-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
donc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Paul Roberts, LV tech inspector since the 60's

Paul was a great man,a good friend. Our condolences go out to the Roberts family. R.I.P. my friend.
donc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts
Unhappy Re: Paul Roberts, LV tech inspector since the 60's

Sorry to hear this, Paul was one of the best and fairest tech inspectors I ever encountered. GOD SPEED.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
dean ribeiro

Liked 215 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: Paul Roberts, LV tech inspector since the 60's

Paul always greeted me with a smile and was very pleasant to work with. He will definitely be missed by myslef and all the racers that made the trek to the valley. I long considered him a friend of the All Star Racing Association; as he was always willing to help us anyway he could! Although I did not know Paul well, he certainly seemed at home at the racetrack. My condolences to Paul's family and friends.
dean ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts
Default Paul Roberts, Obituary

Roberts, Paul Wayne: NEW LEBANON NY. Paul Wayne Roberts, 75, died peacefully at home on Friday, September 30, 2011 with his wife Joan at his side. Born in Pittsfield, Mass., on September 8, 1936, he was the son of the late Willard and Elene Dymond Roberts. Paul was a lifelong resident of New Lebanon and was a 1954 graduate of New Lebanon Central School. He was employed by the Columbia County Highway Department for four years and later was employed for over 39 years by Ceramaseal in New Lebanon, first as a draftsman then maintenance supervisor before retiring in April of 1999.

Paul was best known for his faithful 44 years as tech inspector at Lebanon Valley Speedway and Dragway. He was a member of the Lebanon Valley Protective Association since 18 years of age. He was an avid conversationalist as many well know from the recycle center, post office, flea market and beyond.
He is the beloved husband of 54 years of Joan Conklin Roberts; loving father of Kimberly Marie (Tim) Hann of Ft. Walton Beach, Fla., Michael Wayne (Cindy) Roberts of Eagle, Idaho, Kevin William (Patty) Roberts of St. Petersburgh, Fla., and Lynn Marie (Rick) Gale of Lebanon, Ill.; grandfather of Kyle, Brittany, Alexis and Spencer; brother of Lillian Mercier of Troy, Janice Finney of Adams, N.Y., and Beverly Kie of Plattsburgh, N.Y. Also survived by three cousins, John, Barbara and Robert and 22 nieces and nephews.

Relatives and friends may call at the Hall & Higgins Funeral Home, 457 NY 43 in Stephentown on Wednesday, October 12 from 4-7 p.m. with a memorial service at 6:30 p.m. with Rev. Ed Harkins, racetrack chaplain, officiating.

A gathering will follow the service at the Lebanon Valley Speedway Clubhouse.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Lebanon Valley Protective Association, PO Box 162, New Lebanon, NY 12125.
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote