HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2022, 03:17 PM   #1
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts
Default Grade Point Alternative

Do you want to go to racing at NHRA National events but just don’t have time to get those pesky NHRA Grade points every year. Or are one of those guy or gals that try’s hard every year to get 8 but can only get 6 or 7 grade points by years end, only to get locked out of races like the Gatornationals, Reading or fall Vegas 90 days before the race even starts year after year. Then boy do we have the answer for you. Myself and a few of my competitor’s that are able to obtain 8 plus grade points each year will enter select national events in the stock or superstock in the class of your choice for only a measly $500-$1500 (prices vary by demand of each event) when each event opens at a grade 8.

This program (GPA) will give you the upper hand over racers with more grade points then yourself that are trying to enter when someone drops below the quote. So give me a call and don’t worry about checking the NHRA registration web site 5-6 times a day to see if a spot open only to be disappointed. Stop looking like a clown begging people to call you if there going to drop out of the event.

We at GPA don’t discriminate if you have 1 grade point or 7 your money is good enough for us. We are just here to help you achieve your dreams of participating at the highest level of competition the NHRA national event.

We currently have 3 of our 4 SS spots filled for the Gatorsnationals filled ($1000 each). First come first serve and currently all three of our stock Gatornationals entries are spoken for ($1000 each).
Disclaimer we DO NOT PAY YOUR ENTRY FEE.

But we do have a waiting list like if you would like to be added we only required a nonrefundable $100 deposit if the spots opens, and you don’t take it. And your deposit is part of the fee so its not like were taking an extra $100. If the spot doesn’t open the $100 is refunded.
We do offer discounts if you want to joint our frequent racer entry program. If you pick a min of 3 national events per season and pay in full.

Please contact myself for more information on the GPA and good luck to all those with 7 or less grade points this season. Remember you can’t win if you home watching on the computer.

Remember don’t hate us for putting this program together, blame NHRA for not caring about a problem that has been going on for years. Were just trying to help our fellow racers in need.
(maybe Hanley and Crutchfield can fix this issue lol)

Just remember the GPA slogan
Put your money where your grade points aren't
Old 12-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #2
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Grade Point Alternative

A couple of years ago,I had my vacation all planned for Brainerd.I thought I had enough grade points to enter,but it filled up.
It really sucked to see people get in with a few grade points,while I had 6 and couldn't find a spot.
But,there is NO WAY that I want to race NHRA that bad.I'm not paying for a spot under any circumstances.
And I can't believe NHRA allows this to go on.Creating a standby list like the airlines do shouldn't be that hard.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 04:25 PM   #3
Mike Gray

Liked 498 Times in 134 Posts

There's a way for NHRA to make more money. After a race fills up, open up additional quota and list the spots for sale on Ebay. LOL
Old 12-29-2022, 04:30 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,625 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Do you want to go to racing at NHRA National events but just don’t have time to get those pesky NHRA Grade points every year. Or are one of those guy or gals that try’s hard every year to get 8 but can only get 6 or 7 grade points by years end, only to get locked out of races like the Gatornationals, Reading or fall Vegas 90 days before the race even starts year after year. Then boy do we have the answer for you. Myself and a few of my competitor’s that are able to obtain 8 plus grade points each year will enter select national events in the stock or superstock in the class of your choice for only a measly $500-$1500 (prices vary by demand of each event) when each event opens at a grade 8.

This program (GPA) will give you the upper hand over racers with more grade points then yourself that are trying to enter when someone drops below the quote. So give me a call and don’t worry about checking the NHRA registration web site 5-6 times a day to see if a spot open only to be disappointed. Stop looking like a clown begging people to call you if there going to drop out of the event.

We at GPA don’t discriminate if you have 1 grade point or 7 your money is good enough for us. We are just here to help you achieve your dreams of participating at the highest level of competition the NHRA national event.

We currently have 3 of our 4 SS spots filled for the Gatorsnationals filled ($1000 each). First come first serve and currently all three of our stock Gatornationals entries are spoken for ($1000 each).
Disclaimer we DO NOT PAY YOUR ENTRY FEE.

But we do have a waiting list like if you would like to be added we only required a nonrefundable $100 deposit if the spots opens, and you don’t take it. And your deposit is part of the fee so its not like were taking an extra $100. If the spot doesn’t open the $100 is refunded.
We do offer discounts if you want to joint our frequent racer entry program. If you pick a min of 3 national events per season and pay in full.

Please contact myself for more information on the GPA and good luck to all those with 7 or less grade points this season. Remember you can’t win if you home watching on the computer.

Remember don’t hate us for putting this program together, blame NHRA for not caring about a problem that has been going on for years. Were just trying to help our fellow racers in need.
(maybe Hanley and Crutchfield can fix this issue lol)

Just remember the GPA slogan
Put your money where your grade points aren't
DAMN, say it ain’t so …..

Last edited by MR DERBY CITY; 12-29-2022 at 07:07 PM.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 04:38 PM   #5
Paradigm Shift

Liked 80 Times in 29 Posts

"We currently have 3 of our 4 SS spots filled for the Gatorsnationals filled ($1000 each)."

Certainly sounds like a lot of filling. Hardly surprising considering it is the Gatorsnationals.

Why set pricing? May I suggest an online and discreet bidding system be implemented.

$1000 for a spot to race at the Gatorsnationals? Sounds like chicken feed. We'd be willing to up that ante by a significant amount to ensure ourselves of the "experience" offered at national events.

Have volume discounts been considered? What about buying entry into the same event over the course of several years? Maybe a three season package?

Let the bidding begin!

Last edited by Paradigm Shift; 12-31-2022 at 10:54 AM.
Paradigm Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 04:50 PM   #6
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,809 Times in 572 Posts

This is a Joke right?
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 05:04 PM   #7
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Charlie Ol buddy, have you got any spots open for other sporting events or maybe concerts.
On the Gatornational spots, does it include parking on the grass or pavement.
Did you ever consider offering buy backs.
This reminds me of a Alfred E Nueman article.
If I were to get a spot, do you come by periodically to see if everything is going well.
Keep up the good work Charlie.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Rumor has it you have Taylor Swift tickets.
Old 12-29-2022, 05:07 PM   #8
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,625 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX JOHN View Post
This is a Joke right?
John, it’s simply a case of SUPPLY and DEMAND ……….
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-29-2022, 05:24 PM   #9
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

So my son who has 8 grade points and is Division champ should enter every event this year and then withdraw and let someone buy his entry?

BTW We would NEVER DO THAT, if we are on the pre entry sheet you will see us there unless a problem come up.

Herb Jr
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 06:17 PM   #10
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

With our recent success the past few hours. We are now looking to expand our GPA team. We are now on the lookout for past stk and ss world champs preferably that are no longer racing or those racing a limited schedule. If you are a past stk or ss word champ and would like to help hold spots for grade point deprived racers, please contact me for more info.
This is a great way for retired racers to earn a little extra cash.

Side note
Do you currently have a national event entry spot your holding and are looking to sell it anonymously? Afraid of what your pers might think of you? no problem just contact us with your asking selling price and will do all the work for you. GPA charges a finder’s fee of 25% for helping sell your spot anonymously. This way other racers with less then 8 grade points won’t get mad at you.
Yea no one would ever save spots at national events wink wink.

Just remember its not your fault NHRA created this broken entry system
Put your money where your grade points aren’t