Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2022, 12:23 PM   #31
Race Clean

Liked 129 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: Gators Entry Open 12/28!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
They do have a not to exceed ET. If you run faster than that you are disqualified from the event even if it is a time run. I think it is 6.10 in TD. Very boring class to watch.
Even though I'm Stock driver/nerd for more than 40 years I dont think the average fan in the stand think a U/SA stocker is a cooler thing to watch(not a personal opinion)
The most interesting race to watch these days in Stock and SS is the keyboard race to get in to a National event race!��

Last edited by Race Clean; 12-29-2022 at 12:26 PM.
Race Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:42 PM   #32
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
They do have a not to exceed ET. If you run faster than that you are disqualified from the event even if it is a time run. I think it is 6.10 in TD. Very boring class to watch.
This past season I was able to help friends prepare a Stocker for a heads-up as well as a Top Sportsman car that needed to pick up almost a tenth to qualify in the final session.

The available options are different between the classes, but equally fun and interesting challenges.

Let's face it; any class in drag racing is boring to watch 95% of the time, unless you have a particular interest in the outcome.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:17 AM   #33
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Race Clean, no the average fan does not think that a U/SA is the coolest thing, but they still cheer for it as it has a huge handicap start. When I first purchased my wagon, on the back it read, "it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase"
You would be surprised at how many thumbs up we get on the highway with an open trailer.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA. that's not a race car
Old 12-30-2022, 12:31 PM   #34
BillyAnderson

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Let's face it; any class in drag racing is boring to watch 95% of the time, unless you have a particular interest in the outcome.[/QUOTE]

If it's eliminations - I LOVE to watch virtually ANY NHRA class - I'm a math nerd who loves to figure out HOW each race was won. I will say, TT & Qualifying I find fairly boring, unless there is a BUMP to be concerned about, but Divisionals are mainly all-run.
BillyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:01 PM   #35
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

Why not qualify off of indexes at Divisionals. Let them chase.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-30-2022, 09:14 PM   #36
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
Race Clean, no the average fan does not think that a U/SA is the coolest thing, but they still cheer for it as it has a huge handicap start. When I first purchased my wagon, on the back it read, "it's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase"
You would be surprised at how many thumbs up we get on the highway with an open trailer.

Ron Ortiz
Ron I not that big of a fan to watch the slower cars during time trials but I like watching the slower cars especially when they race a fast car during Eliminations. Will the faster car red light or can they wait that long and still cut a light and will they catch them for the win. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 07:36 AM   #37
Race Clean

Liked 129 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post

Ron Ortiz
If you read every word I said : it"s not my personal opinion! so you don't have to convince me if that was your point
During race day the coolest thing about this Class is watching those big handicap runs but let's face it,how many are in the stands 8 am on a friday or saturday that are not racers or crew?
Because we and the people around us that understand these classes and think they are the coolest thing on earth dosen't mean that they are to the rest of the world. If that would be the case the stands sould be packed when our classes run right😉
Old 12-31-2022, 12:52 PM   #38
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Race Clean, read your opinion and understand it, wasn't trying to convince you, was just pointing out some of the perks running a slow car. If you think it is boring to watch a 14 second car on a time trial, you should be in the drivers seat and seeing all the people yawning in the stands.
As far as spectators go, look at the Million Dollar races 400 entries and look in the stands, none. 8AM Gainesville, possibly 10 spectators, we get your point.