HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-08-2022, 03:16 PM   #11
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts
Default Re: Off season maintenance, don’t forget about your health….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
Really important message, Michael, thank you. So refreshing to hear this coming from a man because some of y'all sure as hell don't listen to the women in your lives. LOL.
So glad that you shared your input Alicia. A little off topic but I want you to know that I really enjoyed the Draginsights stats that you shared with us prior to the national events. Keep up the good work.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-08-2022, 05:42 PM   #12
Julie Jordan

Liked 322 Times in 64 Posts

I would urge you men to do regular breast self-exams, too. We lost a great guy, racer, out here in 2008 (I think), Mark Tallent, to breast cancer. It can happen to anyone. Early detection is the key to a good prognosis.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #13
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts

My Wife,Crew Chief and Best Friend Linda,starts radiation and chemotherapy next Wednesday twice a day,five days a week for 28 days. This is her 3rd time with breast cancer. Two years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time which resulted in a dbl mastectomy.
Every day,every health exam I'm so so thankful everything is great. Linda and I are doing so much together because we both realize,,it won't last for ever. Watch what you eat!!!! Walk or do a little exercise and you'll be amazed at how much better you will feel.
Linda just said to a good friend,,,we needvto get these treatments done January 20th because we have alot of Dragracing to do and friends to see before we can't!!!
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:12 AM   #14
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barrett View Post
My Wife,Crew Chief and Best Friend Linda,starts radiation and chemotherapy next Wednesday twice a day,five days a week for 28 days. This is her 3rd time with breast cancer. Two years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time which resulted in a dbl mastectomy.
Every day,every health exam I'm so so thankful everything is great. Linda and I are doing so much together because we both realize,,it won't last for ever. Watch what you eat!!!! Walk or do a little exercise and you'll be amazed at how much better you will feel.
Linda just said to a good friend,,,we needvto get these treatments done January 20th because we have alot of Dragracing to do and friends to see before we can't!!!
Where is the DOUBLE LIKE button ?? BRAVO to you and Linda ….
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:53 AM   #15
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts

Thank You to all that have commented on this very important thread. The number of likes throughout this thread is VERY good.

Let's try to achieve the healthiest year possible during 2023. That's my goal and I am sure each of you would love to be a part of that.
Old 12-09-2022, 06:29 PM   #16
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts

I'm not advertising, however, for those of you who have cancer, or have friends or family, buy Tommy Johnson's Sr's book on cancer. It's out of print, you can find hard copies, or you can get it on the Kindle. Even if you don't agree with what's in it, or your doctor(s) don't, it's worth reading for the inspiration. There's some simple, non controversial stuff in it just for general health to help fight cancer.
Old 12-09-2022, 07:52 PM   #17
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

PRAYERS to each for each of you that taking or starting treatments....
I have been going for check ups with my doctor every 6 months the last 4 years or so..
I found out I had high blood pressure,I have it under pretty good control with fairly small dose of medication... my goal was and still is excercise and to lose 25-30 pounds and hope BP would improve enough to not take any meds...
All I like is starting,that is the hardest part... I did at least take my bicycle to several races and rode quite a bit...instead of riding a golf cart
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 01:38 PM   #18
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

As much time as we spend in the sun, regular visits to the dermatologist are a good idea too.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:22 PM   #19
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,232 Times in 596 Posts

I have debated about sharing this info because my friend wasn't a stock or super/stock racer.

My friend died on December 11th of a heart attack and I am totally shocked by this. As far as I knew he was in good health. So even though things look good, please keep up with your check-ups and listen to your body when it talks to you.

Now a little about my friend. He was a track champion, division champion and world champion. He raced for Bardahl for many years and accomplished many great things on and off the track. Including starting and teaching at a school here in the Seattle area.

If you haven't figured it out by now - his name was AL YOUNG. Only 76 years old and taken from us WAY TOO SOON.

Godspeed my friend - I miss you very much.

Last edited by Carguy49; 12-26-2022 at 03:02 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote