Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #11
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Houston schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
I'm with Ron. Knowellgable racers see no comparison, but know nothing fence hangers will likely think it's OK. I tried to watch those, back when I was trying to support IHRA. Like funny cars, both don't make it to the finish line nearly as often. Not nearly as refined as Pro Stock. Good chance NHRA won't have to pay them as much. Which was not enough.

Edit: I just read NHRA isn't paying their purse? They have a sponsor paying? That would explain it.
For whatever reason the Mountain motor version was widely popular here in the Carolinas for some time especially during IHRA's heyday. They had a strong following and did alot of stand alone events in the early 2000's. Some of it was pretty good racing but as sponsorship started drying up so did the equality of good side by side racing.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #12
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

While everyone is the first to harp on NHRA for a decision, I thought the decision to run first round on Friday was a great call. We were all watching the weather forecast for Saturday and there was a great chance of rain. Did NHRA get lucky on Saturday, absolutely. They battled sprinkles on and off for most of saturday, but did their best to get everything in.

For those that weren't there, I can't remember too many people complaining about running first round on Friday. The only mild discomfort there was, is stock was in the lanes Friday evening between the pro sessions for first round and they sent us back to the pits. Trey Capps was trying to get stock first round in on Friday, and Josh Peterson shut that down in favor of making the live TV window for qualifying. Those are the FACTS.

We were also sent back to the pits when it started raining Saturday morning, again, not something I would argue with NHRA about.

Again, we all point out the negatives but let's think about the positives here. All racing was complete on the scheduled day (Sunday) and we were even fortunate to have class eliminations complete on Friday as well.

MOST IMPORTANT PART (YES ALL CAPS ARE NECESSARY)....WINNING CLASS PAID CONTINGENCY. CANT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS POSTED ABOUT THIS. CONTINGENCY FOR CLASS IS BACK! If someone has mentioned this already from previous events this year, my apologies but this was a major surprise to those of us that came off the scales after class on Friday.
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:23 PM   #13
MikeMoller

Liked 242 Times in 72 Posts

Nice to know about the contingency for class. Any idea where / if its posted anywhere?
Old 04-14-2019, 09:23 PM   #14
TD3506

Liked 35 Times in 7 Posts

So long as 2 qualifiers have been completed whats the downside to running R1 on Friday... if weather is quesitonable that is

Troy Galbraith

Last edited by TD3506; 04-14-2019 at 09:48 PM.
TD3506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #15
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 963 Times in 61 Posts

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you like making your time runs and having first round all on the first day of the event, that's your business. I'm pretty much over the whole deal, so I really don't much care at this point.

My concern is really for the average Joe or people like my kids that only run a couple nationals a year. For instance, the first time I saw this format was Norwalk last year, My kids left after work Wednesday and got in line around midnight. Pulled in early Thursday morning, scurried around to get camp made, made 2 time runs and got cracked first round that afternoon. Physically weren't on the grounds 24 hours. All the time, planning, investment, etc. and your experience can be over before it hardly begins. God that's fun...

If that sort of deal is a complete one off, that's one thing, but it sure seems like we're going to play that card pretty often going forward.

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #16
Jeff Dona SS3269

Liked 54 Times in 8 Posts

Have to say I’m with Dan on this. Most of us only can make 5 or 6 national events a year some only can make 2 or 3 and look forward to this time away from work as their vacations and a one day experience isn’t what they had in mind. I understand when weather is a issue but this r1 on day 1 seems to be happening more often than not. The treatment we receive and the r1 at 9 am and r3,4,5 at 9pm has me really enjoying divion races more and more. Me personally I’d love to see each div have 10 points races 3 paying national event money the top 3 finishers of each division race at the end of the year for the national championship.
Jeff Dona SS3269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #17
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 963 Times in 61 Posts

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #18
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoller View Post
Nice to know about the contingency for class. Any idea where / if its posted anywhere?
At the LV1 4-wides NHRA made the same error.

Not really going to be paid.

The four races are Columbus SPORTS nationals - INDY - Gainesville - LV2.

NHRA gave us a claim form

We submitted all paper work to sponsors.

And then the carpet got jerked from under us and said no money.

Gut punch - as far as I can find out it is not published anywhere.

Ron

Last edited by Andys dad; 05-02-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Andys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:33 PM   #19
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts

Some class contingency info:

https://classracer.com/classforum/sh...ad.php?t=72803
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #20
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I didn't get a form at Charlotte but I wasn't expecting one either lol.