HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What size fuel line/methanol

Im replumbing my car after 15 years or so because i took one of my lines apart and the fittings were rotted inside from the methanol!! I run a rear mounted fuel cell in a door car with a 4150 carb.right now my lines are 1/2" aluminum and -8 for the feed and return...im changing to all braided hose to get away from as much bare alum as possible..my question is do you run -8hose or -10 hose or -10 for feed/-8 return thanks
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
JJ3159

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What size fuel line/methanol

# 10 stuff for all
Old 08-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT SST2871 View Post
Im replumbing my car after 15 years or so because i took one of my lines apart and the fittings were rotted inside from the methanol!! I run a rear mounted fuel cell in a door car with a 4150 carb.right now my lines are 1/2" aluminum and -8 for the feed and return...im changing to all braided hose to get away from as much bare alum as possible..my question is do you run -8hose or -10 hose or -10 for feed/-8 return thanks
scott fifield
I run a Rons F.I. and the inlet hose is #10 with (2) #6 returns (one for the main and one for the highspeed) I also keep the inlet hose and FI pump full of methanol during weekly storage to keep both from drying out. As you probably already know all aluminum fittings must be anodized or the methanol will eat them, my fuel cell is plastic for the same reason. Previously when I ran a carb I would turn off the pump, drain the fuel bowls refill them with gas and start the motor for a minute afterwards. Which may have been overkill.
You might want to consider a smaller front mounted fuel cell as then the g-forces work with you not against you and the lines are shorter.

Last edited by Bill Baer; 08-18-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Bill Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just redid mine with a similar combo. I had 1/2 inch aluminum. Which was fine. I replaced it with #10
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote