HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Parts: Classifieds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-29-2024, 04:14 PM   #1
Kevin Panzino

Liked 600 Times in 114 Posts
Default Simple Little engine dyno/engine test stand for sale

I built this little guy quite awhile back before I got my big dyno.
'Bought a used Go-Power D-557 absorption unit, then built the dyno frame and engine cart for it. There is currently no control system or data logging for it, I removed it all for other uses along the way. If you look at the 2 pictures that show the engine on it, I also have since removed the fuel cell, battery and that control enclosure. All the other pics are as it sits currently and are what's included: ignition, tach, etc... Also there are some other engine/bellhousing adapters and stuff that came with the unit when I purchased it.

You can run this as-is manually, and load engines up to about 500 HP with just a garden hose and the booster pump I have for it (pic not shown, but included). If you need more than that, or up to the full 1,000 HP, you are going to need a larger water system. There is just a simple ball valve on the dyno inlet to control the water flow/load. At first I just had a flex cable run to that ball valve for manual load control, then I later added an electronic actuator to it when I added the data logging.

The absorption unit does still have the load cell on it, as well as a tone wheel and speed pickup. You could just add data acquisition and then log runs, which is what I did back then.

Its all on casters and easy to move around.

The cart engine plate I built, as well as the CV joints and adapters for driveshaft hookup is for early Chev only. You could of course modify the plate and get whatever shaft adapters you need for a different application.

Kept it around for years mainly due to sentimental value, and to have as a backup just to run-in an engine if my big dyno was tied up, but I'm quickly running out of room.

Even without adding any automatic functions or data acquisition, its nice just to be able to run an engine and load it up a bit before putting it in the car.

$6k. Local pickup 40 mins northwest of Pittsburgh, PA

724-640-0818, zinopower@zoominternet.net
I can explain a lot more about it, and send larger pics than what the forum post allows if you like.

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1s.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	70606   Click image for larger version

Name:	2s.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	70607   Click image for larger version

Name:	3s.jpg