HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
68Coupe

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default question about vehicle

My car is not back halfed but it does have S&W ladder bars with coil springs. it isn't a stocker only a bracket car. i have a lot of front end travel.
at my home track the roll out is really loose and i have a hard time cutting a light. i have already adjusted air pressure and staging RPM.
i was just wondering if you move the ladder bars front hole up, would that make the car react any faster. just looking for any ideas to help the car react faster at this point.
68Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 937 Times in 258 Posts
Default Re: question about vehicle

I would be looking more into shorter front tires and/or cutting down on some of that front end travel.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Coupe View Post
My car is not back halfed but it does have S&W ladder bars with coil springs. it isn't a stocker only a bracket car. i have a lot of front end travel.
at my home track the roll out is really loose and i have a hard time cutting a light. i have already adjusted air pressure and staging RPM.
i was just wondering if you move the ladder bars front hole up, would that make the car react any faster. just looking for any ideas to help the car react faster at this point.
Changing the front pick up point on a ladder bar car is a touchy subject here on this forum with several theories flying around. IMO, yes to moving up one hole to quicken your rt time. However the improvement will probably be minimal and your car may turn into a wheel standing animal. You need to test this and evaluate. A smaller front tire is the easiest fix. Next, trans brake, MRT converter, more 1st gear in the trans, shorter rear tires, more rear gear, camshaft change to provide more torque. and the list goes on.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #4
BWill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The quickest and most simple IMHO is front end limiters. I race at multiple tracks in my area, and I have set ups for each track.
BWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:58 PM   #5
Eman

Liked 104 Times in 59 Posts

Can you deep stage?
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote