HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2016, 10:49 PM   #1
HP HUNTER

Liked 238 Times in 97 Posts
Default 1971 Buick 455 GS F/SA G/SA Build

A few years back I bought a 1971 Buick GS 455 stocker 315/330 HP. After taking delivery of the car I rebuilt the rear suspension, changed the fuel system, rejetted the carb, put on fresh tires and headed for the track. I was surprised when the car ran 11.35 on a 11.85 index (F/SA) on a 2130 foot track with a 27.80 baro in July 4500 DA, although the car was 135 pounds light for F/SA. I put the car away for a few years but couldn't help but think the car had potential if the engine was legal. This last week I got the car out of the garage and pulled the engine and put it on the dyno, then a tear down to determine what I was working with. I will post pictures of my engine build as I go, I will be looking for 30 extra HP out of the engine, if I can get that I will then look very hard at the drive line. I can't help but think if I can get a few hundred more RPM peak out of the engine I can then gear up to a 4.30 gear with more converter. Any advice or information on this build will be appreciated. Dyno test as the engine was pulled from the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3333.JPG
Views:	1191
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	36030  

Last edited by HP HUNTER; 08-28-2016 at 11:06 PM.
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote