HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #31
Jimmy D

Liked 16 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: RIP Frank Grossi

Thank you for posting this Dan. Frank deserves all of the time and kind words in this thread. Darin, thank you for sharing some history and also the service day/time.

Frank Grossi was a great racer and above that, a wonderful person and friend. I am so thankful that we got to share so many family, particularly racing memories with Frank. There can be many many pages written on Frank's character and the man he was as well as his great sense of humor. The man that Frank was and the life he lived is reflected in his entire family, from wife Sharon to son Kevin, daughter Amy, Frank's twin brother Jim and each of his sons - Jim, Darin and Sante. Each of the Grossi family members are among the most amazing people I have ever been blessed to know and call friends. I hope and pray that we have the opportunity to share many more great conversations and memories together and that we will always speak about Frank and remember him also.

Could write pages about Franks great sense of humor but this one story has been on my mind the most this past few days. We all attended a race in Houston Texas in the late 1990's - Frank, Big Jim, Jimmy, my dad, myself and other friends from southern California. We made a visit to one of our favorite places, Dairy Queen. There were a few of us in each (2) rental vehicle as we drove through the drive-through. I was riding with Frank in the second car when he rear-ended my dad in the drive-through line and started to push him forward, my dad proceeded to place his rental car in reverse and push back and the two cars started smoking the tires against each other and then filled the drive-through window and the whole dairy queen with tire smoke. Hilarious to see grown 50 year old men do this...certainly not as funny for those inside the DQ! LOL After the burnouts we pulled up to the window to get our orders and yet again it was my turn to buy as I lost another bet to Frank! As stated earlier in this thread, Frank was always one step ahead and unfortunately I did not realize this until several years had past and all bets were lost to Frank haha. The bill was around $20, I handed the person at the drive-through a $100 bill to get change and Frank took off and yelled out the window "keep the change" and peeled out and left. It was worth every laugh and fun time with Frank & family.

God Bless you Frank and your family always. You will always be missed and always thought of.

Jimmy DeFrank & Family.
Jimmy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:40 PM   #32
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,418 Times in 1,683 Posts

I can't say enough good things about Mr. Frank, without being repetitious ,

So, RIP, my friend.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #33
pauldilcher

Liked 53 Times in 9 Posts

Rip
pauldilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:16 PM   #34
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

AW Dang Dang it. Very sad. Frank was always nice to me. We'd talk engine stuff. And I told him I was building a Sunfire like his and was coming after him. He liked that. always with a laugh or chuckle. Now I'll never get the chance. Time for another goal. RIP Frank. You were great. I've got a cool picture of him giving Art Peterson grief when he won at Pomona by breaking on the starting line, then Gary with the '64 Comet, Ol' Smokey ran it out the back door and broke out.

Last edited by Bruce Fulper; 08-24-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #35
Bobby Rashid

Liked 108 Times in 24 Posts

Very sad to hear the news about Frank.I met Frank,Jim Sr.,and Jim Jr. back in 1993 at the Winternationals. We spent several evenings and days exchanging notes about life and drag racing. I immediately considered them my friends then and now.My condolences to Franks wife and all of the Grossi's.Frank was a great man! Just ask Abe Loewen.He will be missed.Bobby and Nancy Rashid.
Bobby Rashid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #36
BUDDY JENSEN

Liked 37 Times in 8 Posts

RIP
BUDDY JENSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #37
JeremyDuncan

Liked 280 Times in 69 Posts

Allen Wade asked me to post a picture of his 69 Camaro. Formerly raced by Frank.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Omev74H

Allen is planning on bringing it out to the World Finals this year.
JeremyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #38
DMann0825

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so sorry to hear this sad news nice guy great racer always said hello ----rip frank
DMann0825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #39
OLD GUY

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

So sad to learn of Frank Grossi passing. I first met Frank when his nephew Darin became the driver of my Cuda. What a time we had. The Grossi Family took me in like I was one of their own and I experienced the most fun I ever had. Frank was the character of the group. He made reservations for dinners, always at a good place and motels where ever we were going to race. Never had to worry about a room because Frank always had us covered.
I saw Frank at his best when he won the race and at his worst when he was hanging upside down in the car at the finish line at Sonoma. Frank got a helicopter ride that day to the hospital in Napa to get checked out. When Darin and I arrived at the hospital, we walked into Franks room and the first thing he said was "I guess I put on a pretty good show" with a big grin on his face.
My condolences to Sharon, Big Jim, Darin, Jim jr, Sante and the rest of the family. They are a special group of people.
RIP Frank until we meet again.

Dave Schmitz
OLD GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #40
tony wood

Liked 32 Times in 12 Posts

i cant say anything different than everyone else has already said. the GROSSI family are very special people friendly to all. Frank will be missed by everyone that knew him. we got to meet them in the early 80s when we both ran ss/ea (he was faster) dad kept in touch till his passing the WOOD family will miss him..........
tony wood is offline   Reply With Quote