HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 06-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts
Default Inagural North vs. South .90 Shootout present by VP Fuels

Well, Race # 3 is in the books at Numidia. Once again a big Thank you to everyone who made it out this weekend to the track for Race #3 & 4. Mother Nature wasn’t playing nice once again which forced a late Night Saturday and a washout on Sunday. I know Numidia can be a pain as far as towing and as a series and we’ve struggled on car counts even when we had guaranteed payouts in the past but, I think having it the weekend before or after the Lucas Race is the key to success there. We had 5 round races all the way around and paid out $1,000+ in each class even though it was Fathers Day weekend and we were up against Bristol NE and two big bracket races within a few hours at Beaver Springs and Empire. The crew had the track on kill and was on top of maintenance all day dragging and spraying the track as I was making sure even with the little bit of rain and late night, all the cars were going down safe & sound. Hopefully with the D1 race being back up at Numidia we can piggyback off of that to success in the future at Numidia. Chicago is moving again in 2020 so hopefully we can put something together for the weekend before the LODRS so you can all leave your trailers at the same spot for the Lucas Race. Once again thank you all for the support of the .90 series. We will hopefully see you all at Cecil County Dragway for Race # 4 & 5 and the 26th Annual Uncle Buck Pig Roast on July 13th & 14th. Congrats once again to the winners at Race # 3

Super Comp:
W: Bill Hardifer - 8.96
RU: Steve Everett - 8.88

Super Gas:
W: George Smith - 9.90
RU: Frank Volpe - 9.88

Super Street:
W: Kevin Kohr - 10.95
RU: Rick Mattioli - RED

Unfortunately, the North vs. South deal didn't pan out the way I wanted it too. The main plan was to have other series from up in New York, Canada, Ohio, Etc meet at Numidia so see who the best of the best was, since Numidia is about the closest "Middle Point" since E-Town is now gone. We have been trying for the past 5 or 6 years now to put something together and I thought by announcing it back in November that we would all have time to plan and it being the weekend after the Lucas Race it gave room to hit the Lucas Race and the .90 Race all for one tow, Of course after I made the announcement and we got closer and closer, more events popped up as Lancaster had a double $7,500 to win race, Columbus put on it's own .90 Race the same weekend as us, Bristol had the NE and Beaver Springs had a Bracket event also besides that it was Fathers Day Weekend, so we had to make due with those who showed up but, still had 20+ in each class.

In total we had 8 states represented along with a car from Canada. A big Thanks to Linda Donhauser who helped me try to figure out where to put everyone for each team, it wasn't easy and I'm sure we made errors but, I believe the majority of how it worked out was fair as we tried to even out each category. In all reality it should have been The East Vs. West Battle but, it's not like a National Event where you know where everyone is coming from before hand to plan. So yes, we made mistakes along the way but, you live and learn and get better for the next round. I am though a man of my word and even though it was cut short by a day we will honor the champs and team of victory. So The winners of the Inaugural North vs. South Shootout is TEAM NORTH as they had the Super Gas final of New York boys of George Smith & Frank Volpe and SST Runner-Up Rick Mattioli but. it was close also as Team South had all South Jersey final in Super Comp & Super Street Winner Keven Kohr from Myerstown, Pa. What the real deal was the individual rounds and how it worked out:

Super Comp:
Team North: 13
Team South: 25

Super Gas:
Team North: 22
Team South: 8

Super Street:
Team North: 22
Team South: 16

Total:
Team North: 57
Team South: 49

Also congrats to Bill Hardifer, George Smith & Kevin Kohr who were the overall Champs of the weekend for points. They will receive $100 in cash, a trophy and check.

Last but, not least is the W&T Pipeline Consultants Top 8 Shootout presented by Por 15 was set this past weekend. Congrats to the drivers who made the Top 8. This is a FREE event put on by the association...(ANOTHER PERK FOR JOINING THE .90 SERIES) in which the winner will get $1,100 / RU $500 / Semi's $250 & 1st round loser $100....not many other places you can go and run for FREE Money. If you CANNOT make it I need to know, NO later than July 8th, so I can inform the alternate that they are in. ALL DRIVERS that have qualified must report to my trailer by 9am Saturday of Race # 4 at Cecil for drawling for pairs. You will be in charge of doing it this year. You will pick according to how you qualified.

Super Comp:
1. David Long
2. Steve Everett Sr.
3. Bill Hardifer
4. Kathy Smulligan
5. Amanda Boicesco
6. Randy Winfelder Sr.
7. Danny Bisbano
8. Mike Cress
Alternates: Ash Senft / Randy Winfelder Jr.

Super Gas:
1. Frank Volpe Jr.
2. Derek Clark
3. George Smith
4. Bob Keister
5. Ron Ross
6. Hank Smith
7. Bill Phillips
8. Sean Lang
Alternates: Nick Olt / Rick Homan

Super Street:
1. Martin Ganjoin