HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines

A great big thanks to Tim Sloan of Sloan Racing Engines for not only building a great motor, but for his indispensible help in tearing the motor down today at Darlington in preparation for record runs tomorrow. Also big thanks to Lee Truell who jumped right in, as well as former Matco Tool guy Donnie Moore, Jr., and everyone else who pitched in or peeked in to see how things were going! Y'all are great!

Everything passed with daylight to spare. I'm sure Tim would like to get the cc's much closer and do another cam, but I'm tickled to death with not only the power that the engine makes, but also the reliability... Besides running Stock, I bracket race the car a lot -- probably too much, and it's been a time slip printin' machine for a year and a half now, and still tickin'. We got things buttoned up, and ready to run in the morning!

Thanks in advance to Sloan for his posting of the customer bonus for Sunday's eliminations at Darlington. If anyone is looking for an outstanding engine builder, look Tim up. He's a tremendous suppoter of not only his customers, but of class racing in general. Tim used to run IHRA Modified, and finished 2nd in the World. He built the Magnum in my Volare which won the Rockingham footbrake championship this year, the Magnum that's in Terry Knott's Dart Sport that we won the World Championship with in 2003, and he does work for Bertozzi, and many other great cars.

Thank you, Tim. You are the man!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:14 AM   #2
gremlin1945

Default Re: Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines

Michael;
Since I cant make it to Darlington and Carolina see ifyou can help me stay in the top 10 in points.LOL.I'll see you at MIR at the end of the month.I'm trying to shake off a terrible NHRA year,haven't had much go right this year.Good luck down there.

Ed
Old 09-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines

i dont call him the "crate motor king" for nothing!
tpoh815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
Hillarey Sloan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines

Thanks for the kind words. Dad was happy to help you out. We greatly appreciate our customers. We are hoping that one of them can take home the $250 tomorow. =)
Hillarey Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Jamie Southards

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines

Thanks to Tim, Sheila, and Hillarey Sloan for the bonus money this weekend!! Also, thanks for ALL of the help from you guys, I should be paying Tim as much as he has been having to work on my car lately! I couldn't do it without you, Thanks again!
Jamie Southards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #6
Angela Macy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines

Dido - Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines for offering the bonus, congrats to Jamie for taking it!!

We've been HIGHLY IMPRESSED with our Sloan Racing Engine, the reliability, consistency and competitiveness of the engine is outstanding.

We've won 3 Ironmen this year and I think we may have sealed the Division 9 Championship today (help, Michael??), we couldn't have done it without the help and assistance of Tim Sloan and his racing crew (Hillary and Shelia). Tim provides excellent customer service at the track and at his shop!
Angela Macy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
Hillarey Sloan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks again for all of the kind words. He is planning on doing the same, if not more, for his customers next year. We appreciate each and every one of you and he brags on you all the time!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #8
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Congrats Jamie! Talk about a hard-fought weekend to make it to the finals! Congrats to Myron for jumping into the Div. 2 points lead in a must-win final points claim!

Angela - yup, y'all have Div. 9 wrapped up. Even if Alford won both races at Jackson and set a record to tie Scott, Scott would win the tie breaker on both head-to-head matches and win points.

Now I've got to get my butt in gear at Jackson...
Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 PM   #9
Jamie Southards

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Thanks Tim Sloan Racing Engines

Thanks Michael! Congrats to you on your win Saturday night @ Jefferson-Pageland!
Jamie Southards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #10
Hillarey Sloan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Michael,
The decals look great as always. Thanks for getting them to us so quick. We were out and everyone was asking for them. We really appreciate it!!!