HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
chester

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default ceil county grinding?

does anyone know why cecil county would grind the track just 3 days before the points race this weekend? do you think it will hook and be okay with the forcast 90 temps? or should i just chalk it up and go bracket racing? i can't belive it was a good idea to grind the track this week, or was it just so bad that they had no choice?
chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Default Re: ceil county grinding?

Was down there this past weekend for the Super Gas Association race and I stayed in the right lane because the left was pretty bumpy. I heard from a few guys who had to do some MAJOR shock adjustment to there cars to get them to go straight. So I think with the Alky Cars and T/S and T/D coming into town they needed to do something fast. It maybe just a band-aid till this winter but, hopefully they will drag the heck out of the track tomorrow morning before the test session and hope it puts some decent rubber down.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts

Bob, how bad can it be at 112 MPH?..........Hopefully they can get enough rubber down, and get it to stick by Fri. ......I was going to test on Thursday ,but unless the offer it for free,or next to it, they're not getting my rubber!....... Chuck, I had no problems getting down either lane, infact it was better than when we were there last year ,but the bump off the concrete in both lanes at about 400' was a little rough [ 400 rpm spike on the driveshaft rpm, before softening the shocks!]...........The hook was actually very good as they drug the track quite often..........I just hope they are polishing it after the grind, Maple Grove tried to short cut it without polishing a few years ago and you remember what a fiasco that was!.................Tom

Last edited by Tom Goldman; 08-18-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Tom Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Tom, Not saying my ride was bad at 112mph....hold on I mean 100mph against Lucky 1st round cause I was having issues with the stop....lol. Just talking to a few guys over the weekend and they told me it was kind of bumpy in the left lane. I mean I think it gets a bad rap from the locals there cause I didn't think it was horrible (I think Numidia before they repaved it over the winter was much bumpier and now the place is great). I do have to hand it to Jim and crew over the weekend cause they did drag and spray the track before everyone of our runs and my 60 foot's were almost as close to Atco's but, I hear from some locals that it's not like that every weekend. Just hope they do a great grinding job and take there time grinding and polishing it and don't rush.

Rob
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #5
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After adjusting the shocks, the bumps weren't as bad as the looseness at half track, about gave my dad a heart attack. I could chalk that up to the street cars being there because the one run on Sunday with all the bracket cars was a lot better. Starting line was good though. And a warning for all the racers going down the return road, WATCH THE POTHOLES!!!!! Jimmy was doing good putting cones out but I did feel like I was bobbing and weaving, felt more like a road course than a return road.

Kelli
1236 S/ST
1836 S/G
SSTHottie1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 700 Times in 204 Posts

Even tho I know its the return road ,and not my car , it always feels like I got a flat tire or broke the housing locator coming back from the run. .............Tom