HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Reunion

Okay we are four days away. Nostalgia drag racing history in downtown Henderson, NC.
Friday, car show and barbque at Satterwhite Point on Kerr Lake. The fall of the year and the cars are on the paved parking area near the lake, bring your camera.

Saturday, Downtown Henderson, NC, hundreds and thousands of Classic Cars and Trucks, and tons of classic race cars, Sox & Martin, Bob Banning, Hubert Platt and many, many more. Tens of Tens old race car owners, drivers, track owners all from the history of drag racing. There will be a Motown Missle display with five cars including one currently undergoing restoration. Cacklefest time we will crank some gassers, superstock/prostock and yes we will burn some nitro. Nothing brings back the memories like the site of all the cars, the sounds of the open headers and the smell of racing fuel.

Sunday, Vance-Granville Community College, car display and a room with old scrapbooks, magazines and old racers. Stop and look through the scrapbooks and remember the days. Special this year, a panel discussion featuring Tom Hoover, Ramchargers, Ted Spehar and others who were involved in the design and building of the Motown Missle cars on Sunday morning prior to the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies beginning at 12:00 pm. Bret Kepner is MC and his knowledge of drag racing history is incredible.

Not part of the East Coast Drag Times event, but Friday night Roxboro Motorsports Park, formerly know to old timers as "Person County Dragway," will open their gates at 6:30 pm for pre-1976 Nostagia drag racing. Match racing, SuperStock gamblers race (bracket) and test-n-tune. No telling what cars you will see running down this 50+ year old dragstrip again. Few years ago it was Sox&Martin vs Motown Missle last year it was "The Mad Frenchman" maverick and others who were in town for the reunion.

And yes there will be a East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Museum in Henderson, NC. As you come into town, this year, on I-85 at US 39 look at the billboard, " Future home of East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame."
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Reunion

It sure would've been nice if Don Carlton was still around to drive his old Mopar Missile...

But try to get some of these old timers to do some match races in their old race cars!
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

I also heard that the old Motown Missile Cuda pro stocker will be making an appearance at the nostalgia reunion...

Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
HEMIDARTDAVE

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Is there anyone from this site going to the reunion?
HEMIDARTDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Anyone know if Todd Warner is going to show up with his race car collection from Florida, I believe he owns the Herb McCandless '72 Dodge Demon pro stocker seen here in this video...

Last edited by Hemi Moose; 10-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been there all ten years and will be there again this year. There are others that have emailed that they are coming.

I don't know if Chuck will be there. You never know who will show up. In the last 2 days we have had people call who were not able come and now they are coming.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
Frank Spittle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will be there. It is a great event.
Frank Spittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
I also heard that the old Motown Missile Cuda pro stocker will be making an appearance at the nostalgia reunion...

it will be there but in primer and "wd-40" fresh from the strip tank..
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
It sure would've been nice if Don Carlton was still around to drive his old Mopar Missile...

But try to get some of these old timers to do some match races in their old race cars!
i agree let's put em on track and let'em roll !!!!
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hemidart, I responded to you private message. If you are a MOPAR fan, if you are standing at the intersection on Garnett Street with the "Cash Point" machine to your right, when you look down the street you will think you have died and gone to MOPAR Heaven. I made that comment one year to some members of a MOPAR Club and then I realize what I was looking at and what I had said. On the street was Motown Missle, Dandy Dick Landy, Sox & Martin all lined up side by side along the side of the street.