HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #11
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Mopar bogus intake removed

If it doesn’t make a difference then this should not be a problem right , so move on and put the correct one on and show everyone.
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-07-2019, 05:09 AM   #12
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,776 Times in 569 Posts

We tried it once in testing.....made no difference on my 340 and I
took it off and sold it!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:37 AM   #13
Dr. AngieB

Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Greg Marshall;603422]About time, i was in a heads up race and on a second under pass and lifted after seeing just tail lights of the 65 Valiant I looked at their car's incrementals and it was on a 1.30 under pass

Why Greg did you just admit you were watching my rear end? The tail lights are one of the best features on that car. While I am extremely flattered that you thought my Valiant was on a 1.30 under pass, I hate to admit it, but it probably wouldn’t have gone any faster than 1.28 under. ��

Please don’t confuse hard work and research with an aluminum intake. Can’t wait for the 2020 season to start! See you soon!

Sincerely,
Said 65 Valiant Driver
Dr. AngieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #14
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Greene View Post
The car I am familiar with that had the LD340 manifold went just a quick without it at INDY.
Soooooooooo, please answer me one question. If you went just as quick at Indy with the iron intake then why go through all of the trouble and B.S. to get the LD340 approved? I can only think of one reason and that is that it's easier and cheaper to modify an aluminum intake than an iron one.
I sure do hope that NHRA Techs start weighing intakes this season!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #15
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts

[QUOTE=Dr. AngieB;603520][QUOTE=Greg Marshall....

Please don’t confuse hard work and research with an aluminum intake. Can’t wait for the 2020 season to start! See you soon!

Sincerely,
Said 65 Valiant Driver[/QUOTE]

Angie, there is no doubt that you and your Dad built an amazing car, making a combination work where most others have failed. Look forward to you printing some winning tickets in the great Northwest!
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #16
Billy Nees
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Dr. AngieB;603520]
Quote:

Sincerely,
Said 65 Valiant Driver
Young Lady (I can call you that, I have a daughter your age), I don't think that I would ever be accused of NOT working hard and NOT researching my combos and I wouldn't think the same of you and your Dad either. But hard work and research have absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that someone manipulated factory data and specs and flat-out lied to get an aluminum intake approved for a combo that never had one. Even the HP D-Dart never had one. It used the iron intake modified to take a holley carb.
It seems to me that the "Mopar" guys think that I only pick on them and nothing could be further from the truth. There's plenty of blame to go around but the NHRA has to find the stomach to start "fixing" all of these blatant "mistakes".
FFFord never built a "Police Interceptor" 390 or 352. They modified a couple of Comets to pace the Indy 500 because the base car wasn't fast enough.
Chevy never put a 327/300 intake on a 283. That was a typo in NHRA's own tech specs. and I can't say whether it was intentional or not. But you can't even bolt a 4GC to it without using AFB and 4GC gaskets to keep it from leaking.
Mopar never put aluminum heads on anything but a HEMI (and a VERY few slant 6s). Somebody in the "corporation" just grabbed a handful of Edelbrock's money to slide them into the guide.
And HEMI's! I would love to see just what carb and intake really came on a 4V HEMI! Not to mention that they only came in hardtops with a flat hood.
427 FFFords aren't any better either.
And don't get me going on 396/375 Chevys!

The NHRA Tech Dept. is going to need more than a "new Sheriff in town". It's going to have to call out the National Guard!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Old 12-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #17
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Go ahead and get going on the 396/375. NHRA=ACAT (All Chevy All the Time).

Aluminum heads are available for almost any motor combination. Why not the mopar combination?

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 12-08-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #18
Dr. AngieB

Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Billy~

I suppose I’m going to have to take volunteers on who wants to come help me lift that massive heavy intake to get it on the car... lol Billy, you are more than welcome to make the trip to the Pacific Northwest to help! I would never accuse you of not working hard and that comment had nothing to do with you. All I am saying is that there are many things in the NHRA guidelines that benefit one combo over another. You can’t blame the racer for taking advantage that benefit. Right or wrong isn’t that part of why we choose the combos that we do to race?

I can’t wait for the season to start to put this topic to rest. I’ve kept silent on this topic for years and this is all I’ll be saying on it as it is no longer an issue. I am not one to get offended, however I am extremely offended when someone negates all the hard work, time, and money I’ve put into my car to make it competitive and chalks it up to an aluminum intake. I will be doing everything I can within the rules given to me to make sure that my car is where I want it to be. If other racers can’t handle losing a heads up race to another then I would suggest they do the same.

Looks like the diet starts Monday!

Sincerely,
Heavy 65 Valiant Driver

Last edited by Dr. AngieB; 12-08-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Dr. AngieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #19
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. AngieB View Post
Billy~

I suppose I’m going to have to take volunteers on who wants to come help me lift that massive heavy intake to get it on the car... lol Billy, you are more than welcome to make the trip to the Pacific Northwest to help! I would never accuse you of not working hard and that comment had nothing to do with you. All I am saying is that there are many things in the NHRA guidelines that benefit one combo over another. You can’t blame the racer for taking advantage that benefit. Right or wrong isn’t that part of why we choose the combos that we do to race?
I will be doing everything I can within the rules given to me to make sure that my car is where I want it to be.

Sincerely,
Heavy 65 Valiant Driver
Angela my dear, I wouldn't doubt that you are more than capable of doing what ever you would have to do to your car on your own but if I am in the neighborhood and you DO need help, please don't be afraid to ask.
I didn't think that you were accusing me of not working on my stuff. I was just trying to make a point that your Dad and I go about our projects in the same way and with the same effort.
You're absolutely right about the Guide benefiting one combo over another but if there is something blatantly wrong with a combo, should it not be fixed? I guess that will have to be left up to the individual Racer's conscience. But, then again this IS the 21ST Century. If everybody's cheating then it's legal, right?
I wish for you all of the luck in the world in your upcoming season!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Old 12-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #20
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Aluminum heads are available for almost any motor combination. Why not the mopar combination?
THAT is not true!
Come back and talk to me when ANY combo can use an aluminum head and I might see things a little differently.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Liked