HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #21
rod butcher

Liked 129 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: has any class winners at indy got check yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
I still have not gotten any checks for my class win at Indy ? has anyone else gotten a check for Indy to let me know
Don,
Got all three checks from Indy, Moser, VP and Comp Cams. I would reach out to the vendors if you haven't been paid yet.

rod
rod butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:22 PM   #22
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
I'm still waiting on my Ford racing check from class in Gainesville from 2003. You think I should right it off?? LOL

Bret Velde
2003 ??
I have a perfect record with Ford on conting money, never been paid even once.
Jim Caughlin
SS 6019
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:23 AM   #23
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 937 Times in 258 Posts

The only NHRA National event that I ever entered that had Stock Class Eliminations was Sonoma 2010. The NHRA guy that checked out my stickers said my Ford sticker was not the correct one, and at the time, I was unaware that I was supposed to be on file with Ford Racing, which I was not. He filled out the contingency paper anyhow, and not only did Ford send me a check, they also sent me the proper stickers, as well as a registration form to get me on the list for future reference. Technically, I suppose they really did not have to send me the check, so I was quite impressed that they did.
Liked
Old 12-03-2019, 02:34 AM   #24
Brent Kopejtka

Liked 44 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Just checking heck i don't even know if i will get anything.lol what was the amount anyway
Don I got paid by mopar around first of October I believe. $100 each btw. I think I had 2 more that haven’t sent anything as of yet.
Brent Kopejtka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #25
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts

But wasn't just a few months ago that half the people on this board argued in favor of "stickering-up" their cars, so they would be in a position to collect all of the contingency money they had coming to them? Mr. Bluster even said that he had a pile of checks sitting on his desk, waiting to be cashed. Sounds like very few contingency "sponsors" actually ever pay anything. I'll bet they dig the fact that they get your money AND you advertise for them, for free.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:09 AM   #26
nhramnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Evans View Post
NHRA payments are net 45.
Years?
Old 12-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #27
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
But wasn't just a few months ago that half the people on this board argued in favor of "stickering-up" their cars, so they would be in a position to collect all of the contingency money they had coming to them? Mr. Bluster even said that he had a pile of checks sitting on his desk, waiting to be cashed. Sounds like very few contingency "sponsors" actually ever pay anything. I'll bet they dig the fact that they get your money AND you advertise for them, for free.
All true, but "Mr Bluster" actually posted a picture at that time, identifying himself.

Come on out in the sunlight. Your comments will have more credibility ;-)
Old 12-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #28
nhramnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
All true, but "Mr Bluster" actually posted a picture at that time, identifying himself.

Come on out in the sunlight. Your comments will have more credibility ;-)
If you're implying that I'm hiding behind a screen name... I'm not. My name is Mike Lyons.

Second, forgive me for being blunt, but I don't judge my credibility by what you (or almost anyone else) think(s) of anything I say or do. Urging me to "come on out in the sunlight" is pretty condescending.

Third, it appears to me that Mr. Bluster may not be who you think he is.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #29
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
If you're implying that I'm hiding behind a screen name... I'm not. My name is Mike Lyons.

Second, forgive me for being blunt, but I don't judge my credibility by what you (or almost anyone else) think(s) of anything I say or do. Urging me to "come on out in the sunlight" is pretty condescending.

Third, it appears to me that Mr. Bluster may not be who you think he is.
Okay.. I remember that now. But I can't keep track of every nom de plume here, and I'm here a lot..Some folks , not so much.
We've had discussions in the past here , ( no deep staging, etc) that turned into NHRA edicts. I'm sure some of the posters on those threads were anonymous also.
Who knows how much weight they carry, but I would hate to see people who are not directly affected by such policies , influencing them. I'm sure other racers feel the same way.
You can call that being "condescending" but I call it reality.
If I'm wrong about that , I won't get any "likes" here >
Old 12-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #30
nhramnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Okay.. I remember that now. But I can't keep track of every nom de plume here, and I'm here a lot..Some folks , not so much.
We've had discussions in the past here , ( no deep staging, etc) that turned into NHRA edicts. I'm sure some of the posters on those threads were anonymous also.
Who knows how much weight they carry, but I would hate to see people who are not directly affected by such policies , influencing them. I'm sure other racers feel the same way.
You can call that being "condescending" but I call it reality.
If I'm wrong about that , I won't get any "likes" here >
Jesus, you're not arrogant at all, are you?

I can say without fear of being contradicted that, with the exception of working directly with Mike Pustelny to get Cavaliers and Sunfires legal for Super Stock competition (a few years ago), I have never attempted to influence NHRA in any way. Unlike the numerous crybabies who frequent this site, who always bring a pseudo-learned perspective on what should and shouldn't be, I leave NHRA to the business of running it's own sanctioning body. I don't incessantly bitch about the rules; I just pay my money and race my car.

Your condescension is evident in your apparent belief that you somehow have credentials and sanction to chide someone you have absolutely no information about, because they used a screen name in making a post. That you're the official Subject Matter Expert on Classracer.com.