HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Drooze has left the..........

Building..... no just moved a few doors down to a Solo location.

Things went from being fun with the DP and straining personal relationships too much to be worth it. My way or the highway isnt going to cut it for 16 hr days.

So.....new projects and new plans, actually finally getting to plans that were mine all along now with the freedom afforded by my abscence in participation of the DP well........back to the races in short order. It will take about a month to finish the other Challenger, my 72 for S/SS/GT ? Still havent made final decisions on what to do with some items.

Thats if it dosent get traded, I have 2 interested parties in a trade and will probably be hopping down to St. Louis to look at one very soon.
Its not as "sexy" as the Challenger but a well done car with definite upsides on the chassis side. Things that I couldnt afford to do/buy/or have done in the 2 month timeline from today to have my own car to the track.

It will take almost 1.5 weeks to get the internet connection at the shop so....for 16 hr days ... ill be OFFLINE.....aaaa....a welcome relief to some Im sure Ill probably actually get more work done.

But just be sure (we) the new Drooze Crew will be working hard at annoying and building something to annoy well beyond what the DP could....this time my way, all the way. All the complete goofy ideas I can come up with and weld together. (Or more correctly have our master welder Damon weld together) Ive got a scavenging header setup that may give NHRA Techs a stroke but dosent say it cant be done, a lesson from tuned resonance on two strokes Never seen a resonance stinger on a Stocker, but why not ? And a few other Drooze Ideas like a Dry Differential....no rule says it has to have fluid in it

So back to my old haunts with some new "team" members who have helped all along here and there, now full time, like Damon, and David White.....you think Im crazy...lol...

But it was a long day today moving shops for my items, and will be tommorow as well, help is on the way for that however and...........

Well some of the help you will know and reckognize others, well while not very internet oriented come 2 monthsish, youll think my HR department searched Guatemalan insane asylums for rocket scientists, The wastelands of the builders of the Machines from Mad Max and the Road warrior (he dresses like that too, sorry Damon you do man) and well......after that what else needs to be said, but these are the people I have worked with on bikes for over 20 years and one of us completes anothers sentence when it comes to crazy ideas, like backing bearings with Beryllium oxide , and yes we did it and it worked So.......

Off to the road to ruin, but most certain fun, and who knows we may just get lucky Im shooting for 2 under......any less well that wont be a sucess in my book, and weve all talked and all think it can be done, so.........

Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope to see you all trackside again soon.

And Mandie will be there, we have a new saying thanks to Gary Parker......"Shes young enough to be my daugther, but shes NOT" Mandie T-Shirts will be available for order
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)

Last edited by Chris "drooze" Wertman; 06-28-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Drooze has left the..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "drooze" Wertman View Post
Building..... no just moved a few doors down to a Solo location.

Things went from being fun with the DP and straining personal relationships too much to be worth it. My way or the highway isnt going to cut it for 16 hr days.

So.....new projects and new plans, actually finally getting to plans that were mine all along now with the freedom afforded by my abscence in participation of the DP well........back to the races in short order. It will take about a month to finish the other Challenger, my 72 for S/SS/GT ? Still havent made final decisions on what to do with some items.

Thats if it dosent get traded, I have 2 interested parties in a trade and will probably be hopping down to St. Louis to look at one very soon.
Its not as "sexy" as the Challenger but a well done car with definite upsides on the chassis side. Things that I couldnt afford to do/buy/or have done in the 2 month timeline from today to have my own car to the track.

It will take almost 1.5 weeks to get the internet connection at the shop so....for 16 hr days ... ill be OFFLINE.....aaaa....a welcome relief to some Im sure Ill probably actually get more work done.

But just be sure (we) the new Drooze Crew will be working hard at annoying and building something to annoy well beyond what the DP could....this time my way, all the way. All the complete goofy ideas I can come up with and weld together. (Or more correctly have our master welder Damon weld together) Ive got a scavenging header setup that may give NHRA Techs a stroke but dosent say it cant be done, a lesson from tuned resonance on two strokes Never seen a resonance stinger on a Stocker, but why not ? And a few other Drooze Ideas like a Dry Differential....no rule says it has to have fluid in it

So back to my old haunts with some new "team" members who have helped all along here and there, now full time, like Damon, and David White.....you think Im crazy...lol...

But it was a long day today moving shops for my items, and will be tommorow as well, help is on the way for that however and...........

Well some of the help you will know and reckognize others, well while not very internet oriented come 2 monthsish, youll think my HR department searched Guatemalan insane asylums for rocket scientists, The wastelands of the builders of the Machines from Mad Max and the Road warrior (he dresses like that too, sorry Damon you do man) and well......after that what else needs to be said, but these are the people I have worked with on bikes for over 20 years and one of us completes anothers sentence when it comes to crazy ideas, like backing bearings with Beryllium oxide , and yes we did it and it worked So.......

Off to the road to ruin, but most certain fun, and who knows we may just get lucky Im shooting for 2 under......any less well that wont be a sucess in my book, and weve all talked and all think it can be done, so.........

Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope to see you all trackside again soon.

And Mandie will be there, we have a new saying thanks to Gary Parker......"Shes young enough to be my daugther, but shes NOT" Mandie T-Shirts will be available for order
Best wishes to you Chris and the new Drooze and Crew with your next project.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #3
Gary Parker

Liked 373 Times in 50 Posts

Well great saying Chris, but I have to give the credit for that one to Larry Hill. Hope to see you all soon at the races. Gary
Old 06-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:

It will take almost 1.5 weeks to get the internet connection at the shop so....for 16 hr days ... ill be OFFLINE.....aaaa....a welcome relief to some Im sure Ive got a scavenging header setup that may give NHRA Techs a stroke but dosent say it cant be done, a lesson from tuned resonance on two strokes Never seen a resonance stinger on a Stocker, but why not ?
Why not? Because you are not working with a two-stroke engine. There are a lot of more parameters involved in designing a header for a four-stroke V-8 when compared to a two-stroke. Like Adger Smith told you before, quit comparing the technology and your experience with bikes as applied to four-stroke, V-8 engines. I sometimes believe this way of thinking may have been the culprit to many of the problems with the DP.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
johnny shot

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Who or what did you move away from? Your dad? Your sponsor? The ex? I get that you're tired of something at the old place but who or what?
johnny shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
John Quinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
All the complete goofy ideas I can come up with and weld together. (Or more correctly have our master welder Damon weld together) Ive got a scavenging header setup that may give NHRA Techs a stroke but dosent say it cant be done, a lesson from tuned resonance on two strokes Never seen a resonance stinger on a Stocker, but why not ? And a few other Drooze Ideas like a Dry Differential....no rule says it has to have fluid in it
You're just a youngster. I have seen all sorts of header tuning tried in my years of racing including what you are contemplating. Years later all those wierd header are hanging in sombodys garage as wall decorations. Have fun.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Quinn View Post
You're just a youngster. I have seen all sorts of header tuning tried in my years of racing including what you are contemplating. Years later all those wierd header are hanging in sombodys garage as wall decorations. Have fun.
No doubts, but trying dosent hurt....

Years ago I was told I couldnt build my own Pulsejet engine (a big one) as in over 100 lbs static thrust, well....after a year of getting every imaginable drawing and research info from the curator at WPAFB museum....guess what, I not only could build, but designed my own. Working with Tim Arfons on every bit of info and measurments of all the valve bodies they had from Argus AS400s and the Ford Loon Copies....Well....I did....what I learned from that I consider unique. And it has direct application here, I believe.

Resonance frequency.....2 simple words, to get it RIGHT is a miracle at times but it dosent mean I wont try, why ? Because I have the materials, I have the knowledge and I have the ambition, and Im willing to labor.

I am building a simple straight forward running car FIRST....Just like we did with the DP, someone else said they though my "ambitions" may have caused DP problems....if youve ever seen the DP in person, its about as simple and straight forward as can be, the only thing, and its not caused issue, are the coatings and the header design, I worked with someone VERY well established in the Stocker Header arena, because I heard he was going the same route I wanted to with these , GET the exhaust velocity UP, its essential with these engines. so a 3 step instead of a 2 , not rocket science, that comes next

Also in answer, what I am tired of is not having my own schedule, no issues with my father other than worn nerves, you cant spend 16 hrs a day 7 days a week with someone for 8 months without it. But that takes only a few days to rectify, what I was tired of were the plans, MY plans that were put on hold by the DP, I had/have my own ambitions, its hard however to go in the shop and not work on it, next to impossible. Soooo....my father wanted a month or 2 off, he got it, meanwhile we can concentrate on the efforts I wanted. In the end competition BETWEEN my father and I is something we absolutley relish, beyond working together its working againt each other. It took me 20 years to beat him at a game of Asteroids, and it might have been the day he had Chemo, but it was a victory, and Ill never play him at it again Sorry pop...lol...

Today I told him as we stood at the backs of our shops, I love you, Im here if you need anything yell, but it has to be on my schedule. Simple, so for the next month and some change I have my own plans ...... Kids are #1, House #2, "Aphrodities Curse" #3. I spent equal time on all 3 today, and it was amazing without the DP how much that was, I even had time to pay visits to a couple racers from the area who run the circut in comp to kibitz. I was told anything I need ask,.....so I did, advice....they agree Im on the right path (once they helped me pick one, I damm near traded the 72 for a Super Gas car, and a nice one) That would have been the easy way out though, and it wouldnt have been mine, not built with my direction and the teams help, tommorow and thrus, final chassis cleanup, then.....The new shop (the second part of NHR used for storage, I assumed the lease on the office section we did not previously occupy)....well its damm near ship shape, and a clean slate ready to move the requisite tools into....plus I got a really monster Miller from a buddy who needs a place to store it....how many welders does one guy need anyway ?

Tommorow.....it all begins.....again.
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #9
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Parker View Post
Well great saying Chris, but I have to give the credit for that one to Larry Hill. Hope to see you all soon at the races. Gary
Its been agreed its going on the wrap

Last edited by Chris "drooze" Wertman; 06-29-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemidup View Post
Best wishes to you Chris and the new Drooze and Crew with your next project.
Thanks Jerry, Mandie sent this to me tonight while I was watching TV....I Actually for once read it ...

I think it will be the droozenverk team motto

Life holds no promises as to what will come your way.
You must search for your own ideals and work toward reaching them.
Life makes no guarantees as to what you’ll have.
It just gives you time to make choices and to take chances
and to discover whatever secrets that might come your way.
If you are willing to take the opportunities you are given
and utilize the abilities you have, you will constantly fill your life
with special moments and unforgettable times.

Dena Dilaconi

Racing and building and sharing of time with my father has already created more unforgettable times than I can count.

The rest of it goes on to read.

We all make our own choices and take our own chances. It's when we attach expectations of the outcomes that we face disappointment, that we tend to stop taking the chances that can make our lives brighter.

Life isn't made up of long, extended periods of happiness and bliss. Life is made up of moments, and we make the choices with each moment concerning what we're going to do with our lives. If we want many special moments, then we must make special moments. If we want unforgettable times, then we have to take advantage of our opportunities and abilities and make the times unforgettable.

Life promises us nothing. It's better that way, for if it promised us bliss, then how would we ever learn what it means to create the very special moments of our lives?

For today, this is the path I have chosen to capture more of those moments. Im sure it will make sense to some, other will probably think I either got dosed or was hitting the bong a little too hard.....

But, off to bed, We got a race car to start to build , and doors to varnish, and blood treatments to be had (mandie and my son will be sooooo happy, I dont sweat like a pig in an oven for a few days) and if youve ever seen me sweat, NOT seeing it is refreshing....lol....Its bad when your kid keeps bringing you water saying dad its not humanly possible...

Anyone know the best front suspension setup on an Ebody ? (or who to talk to ?) I tried tracking a couple down at Norwalk, but either Im blind or they had packed up ? These things are soo damm spooky, I have never been sure of torsion susp, it always felt like being pushed on a unicycle by a herd of rabid squirrels....