HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Stolen cars

I just read the post about the stolen camaro in NC and it got me wondering why guys don't go for the $600 to get LOJACK installed in them.That goes for racecars and trailers.
I know that there are areas that law enforcement either doesn't have the equipment or the will to use the system to track down stolen vehicles.
BTW I'm a customer and not just talking through my *****.I really feel for anyone who's stuff gets nicked.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Stolen cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
I just read the post about the stolen camaro in NC and it got me wondering why guys don't go for the $600 to get LOJACK installed in them.That goes for racecars and trailers.
I know that there are areas that law enforcement either doesn't have the equipment or the will to use the system to track down stolen vehicles.
BTW I'm a customer and not just talking through my *****.I really feel for anyone who's stuff gets nicked.
Remember what they used to do to horse thieves? Im all for bringing back the death penalty for car theft. Right after LoJack I use S&W, Browning 9MM, Remington 12 ga., or Ruger 44 mag. plus keeping my stuff in a locked garage at night whenever possable. McGuard has a nice locking "Boot" wheel lock out now for about $300 and is very easy to use on a car, truck and/or trailer if your in an area that dosent cover LoJack. Trust NO ONE !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Stolen cars

Back in the 80's......... a lot of cars were stolen from in and around Englishtown. One of my best friends cars was stolen during that period. Tow vehicle/racecar and trailer all stolen in a heartbeat from the bar/restaurant just down the road that we stopped at occasionally after a race.

After a few weeks of digging around with 2 other racers who had cars taken......my friend found his car and I drove out with my trailer to pick it up.

The other racers were not so fortunate....both cars were destroyed as the thieves burned a few. They were street racing with some of them and local cops ignored it all..........A NY Strate run task force was on the case and very helpfull to my friend......

Queens, NY........His car was intact and had very little missing or damged. The truck-trailer and all his tools and spare stuff was history.

The thieves.....were using underage kids to do the actual thefts. They left the country once some "heat" was on them.......

I was worried for my friends safety and my own when we got the car...

I would highly recommend a LoJack device......as no one wants to have an experience like that.........
Old 06-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Wedgeum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rich, that story still amazes me every time I hear it.

Michael Sulc
Wedgeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

How are you Mike........been out racing ? I saw Tony M. a couple days ago....

There is another stolen car story that is a lot worse.........I won't even tell that one.......suffice it to say people that steal cars are some real low life P.O.S.'s....
Old 07-01-2010, 05:49 AM   #6
Pete Beau

Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Remember what they used to do to horse thieves? Im all for bringing back the death penalty for car theft. Right after LoJack I use S&W, Browning 9MM, Remington 12 ga., or Ruger 44 mag. plus keeping my stuff in a locked garage at night whenever possable. McGuard has a nice locking "Boot" wheel lock out now for about $300 and is very easy to use on a car, truck and/or trailer if your in an area that dosent cover LoJack. Trust NO ONE !
.... Or bow with 2" mechanical tip. Just a thought. Maybe use them all and do a taste test.
Pete Beau is offline   Reply With Quote