HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 10-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
J. Kuchel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Good combination?

Thank you for adding us to the forum! I have a very light round tube chassis 69 Camaro that has a big tire, 4 link, 9" Ford rear end, a-arm front end, glide, and setup for a BB. I have a 522 ci. BB that is a 9.5 to 1 comp. that I would like to use in the car to race. Would it be a competitive car bracket racing it since its a low compression engine? I want to keep things simple and also want to have a competitive car too. The engine is pretty fresh so I don't want to rebuild.
J. Kuchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: Good combination?

J. great combination for footbrake action due to the torque the BB gives you, hard to rev up the engine for Box style racing.Have fun with the BB you will enjoy it at top end.CR
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
J. Kuchel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you cicero819 for the response to my question. I wish they had footbrake races around where I lived. It would be a killer footbrake car that wouldn't have a problem hooking at different tracks.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
J. Kuchel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was hoping that someone would say that it would be a great car for super pro because the car has all the electronics all ready set up in the car.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #5
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

J. go on BBR site you will get a lot more help on there. Class racer think of bracket racer as lepers on the loose instead of saviors of Drag racing because without Bracket racing they would not be any drag racing around.lol Do you have a trans brake? If you do than it will be also a great combination.Edmond Richardson ran a 69 Camaro in S/ST and probably would have made a great S/P basically the same way you have your set up. Best combination is with seat time between man and machine. Run the car and you will see. Good Luck.CR
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote