HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #21
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts
Default Re: H/Stock 1957 Chevy "In-Bomber" Omaha NE late 60's

I remember Don Stevenson driving the "Tension", white 57, at Flightland north or Omaha.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

The heck with Donnie and Fred, what ever happened to "Barb Super" that used to go to the races with them? I haven't heard from her since "Howdy Williams" lost his life.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #23
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

I searched and didnt see anyone else post this....check out the website dedicated to the restoration:
http://www.inbomber.com/History.html

btw...I still see Don Stephenson around town, and at this summer's Geezer Reunion at our local drag strip. He has a very nice 57 Chevy Belair with a 400, dual 4bbl, 4 speed.

Clark
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
Wayne W

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

I looked at http://www.inbomber.com/Restoration.html and am wondering about the carbs, intake, 12.5 pistons, water pump, pan, engine mounts, trans crossmember, alternater, aluminum rad, etc.

Shouldn't a restoration pass tech from the old days ??? Nice car, but, a Jr. Stocker ?

Last edited by Wayne W; 10-25-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Wayne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #25
DragwayRipper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DragwayRipper

That's our website we made to follow the restoration of the car. Jr. Stocker it is, NHRA Indy winner and fully documented. We did not have the funds to purchase, rebuild, and run a correct Rochester Fuel Injection unit as the car did when raced, so we went with dual quads. The engine is not "jr. stock correct" internally, but looks so on the outside, is a authentic 283, and uses all vintage parts. We took a lot of time to make the car as authentic as possible to when it raced, and with what it cost to build that engine, it would have been a shame to come up under 300hp for the same price.
-Dean
DragwayRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #26
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: H/Stock 1957 Chevy "In-Bomber" Omaha NE late 60's

It cost a LOT of time and money to restore one of these cars so set back and enjoy it. In time when you regroup (money and energy) just replace the carbs and intake with a correct set of WCFB's and a 270 HP intake along with a couple minor items and you will satisfy the critics. Who cares what is on the inside of the engine where you cant see it. They are not being raced as a legal NHRA or IHRA stocker anyway. If ya dont tell anyone they would never know.....LOL. The FI units are "stupid expensive" thanks to collectors so whats the point ? I saw the car at the York show and it looks great. So it isnt perfect.....Its come a long way in a very short time. Congratulations on saving a part of drag racing history. .

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 12-08-2010 at 09:08 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #27
bobbyd6

Liked 71 Times in 27 Posts

I just received a DVD of some Drag Racing footage from Kearney Nebraska 1969 & 1970 & it has lots of footage of Good In-tension on it. 3 of my friends all owned Good In-Tension over the past few years. However my last friend to own it took it to Kansas last fall & sold it on auction. The guy who bought it didn't want the fuel injection parts.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #28
DragwayRipper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DragwayRipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd6 View Post
I just received a DVD of some Drag Racing footage from Kearney Nebraska 1969 & 1970 & it has lots of footage of Good In-tension on it. 3 of my friends all owned Good In-Tension over the past few years. However my last friend to own it took it to Kansas last fall & sold it on auction. The guy who bought it didn't want the fuel injection parts.
Keep me posted if you find any footage of the In-Bomber. I had a chance to buy Good In-Tension before ti went to auction and wish I did. It went cheap for what the car was. Does Cody still have the fuelie setup?? We're running Good In-Tension's original headers on our car now. The next best thing to our original fuelie setup, which is MIA, would be that one, but he wouldn't sell it seperate from the car at the time.
-Dean
DragwayRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:44 AM   #29
bobbyd6

Liked 71 Times in 27 Posts

I will check with Cody & let you know
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #30
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd6 View Post
I just received a DVD of some Drag Racing footage from Kearney Nebraska 1969 & 1970 & it has lots of footage of Good In-tension on it.
Does your DVD by chance also include alot of early Scribner video?
A friend of mine made some DVDs just recently from a disc from a guy at M.U.D. It had several minutes of racing and some interviews at Scribner back in the beginning with Grasso, Ralph Howard, etc.

Last edited by cad; 12-10-2010 at 09:51 AM.
cad is offline   Reply With Quote