HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #41
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

BLOWN HEMI TAKE MY WORD FOR IT DON'T BOTHER. This is not what you are looking for .This is a race for those guys up there .Lets see if this can last after one year and mabey they will build it up to something worth going to. I don't think it will happen but I wish them luck. I may insult some people and I realy don't care. I will say that they have the best race fans I have ever seen,and when nhra does the track I have never missed not saying it is the best track. the pits for a big race s--ks it is a mud hole. I have tested there and the crew up there treated us good. So now everyone knows I can say something nice about that track. It would take very little to get some guys up there, I have 6 to 10 T/s and T/D guys in my garage every week and they have no plans to go up there they say there is nothing there for them no payout and slower cars.I don't know if you guys know how much it takes to run a six sec door car ? It's going to cost me 500 dollars to show up and make 2 time runs and first round and im not adding tires and other stuff we use that stuff anyway.How about 150 to race 2500 to win if you dont get the cars cut the purse .Last try
EVIL CLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #42
JR fuel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just curious why dose it cost you so much?
JR fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #43
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

about 3 1/2 say4 gal of fuel 4lbs of nos per run 2 tanks of fuel for the truck tolls 130 at the gate plus 2 people.
EVIL CLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #44
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That was my exact reason as well clown. Although not really needing to go quick you can easily just run one small system and only use a 1-2 lbs per run ( see your saving - now). Seriously though I agree and that was one thing I did say to people as well and reason why if I do go to some of the races I am going to bring the bracket car and run 7.50 or so. After all that is what it is - it's not a quick anything race - it's just sat and sun super pro at the valley. Being 2 days it might be worth a trip or two to see how things are.
Will it get fast cars - who knows ?? It might - I won't be one of them though. No reason to be.
Oh in your little list of cost dont forget the hotel room . Most likely I will just wait and see how the first weekend of it goes and then decide what to do. I am a loser and go by myself everywhere so I have the savings of no crew - - lol.
I think it might be time for a new thread though.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #45
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL CLOWN View Post
about 3 1/2 say4 gal of fuel 4lbs of nos per run 2 tanks of fuel for the truck tolls 130 at the gate plus 2 people.
I agree it will probably cost that total to show up. So say it does cost you 500 to show up. You have a chance to win 1,500 on sat. and 1,000 on sun. That puts you ahead by 2,000 sounds like a good deal to me. By the way an NHRA divisional I believe pays 1,500 to win. Lets say you dont have such a great weekend and you only go a couple rounds each day. That still puts you in the money each day. 100 dollars for 3rd round sat. 400 for 3rd round sunday. Now you just broke even. What is it that you are looking for? I have run a lot of big money races. I dont know of very many races where you can go a couple rounds and be ahead.

Now somebody said earlier that it costs them 200-250 dollars a run. I would love to hear a break down of that.

I figure I use 1 galllon of VP gas a run. = $11
Maybe 2 pounds of nitrous = $8
This doesnt include tires or oil but those are consumables regardless of how fast you go

So far Im up to $19 a run. That being said I am one of those slow cars only going 6.8s so I dont know maby those next few tenths get expensive. lol

Mike I agree its time to talk about something new

Last edited by masracing; 02-17-2010 at 07:50 AM.
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #46
Mongo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just read the posts here and had to stop and thank you guys for all the entertainment.I have been a racer @ this facility since 1997(newcomer)and have seen many ups and downs for the track that is my most local track.I have also been there for one of the saddest moments I have seen at any track.I've heard many people complain about the facility(sometimes justifiably sometimes not).I have gotten in arguments with staff,track directors and the owner(sometimes justifiably sometimes not) when I have felt a track rule or situation was unfair.
Last year when this place got flooded the racers and the staff/owner of this facility did work together to get the track cleaned up and ready for racing for the Night of Fire show. They did all this within a week!At that moment it showed to me that though at times SOME of the choices may have been poor in the past it wasn't because of a lack of caring or commitment to their track.
I already knew the racers their to be of first rate character(as most racers are)from my own experience there. What was most impressive with this situation was the staff and owners effort.
I believe the loudest statement any racer as an individual can make is with there choice to race a facility. This season I have chosen to race at the valley in points in Pro and Super because they have chosen to work towards a positive direction.
I may not be in a fast car(mid 10s) but with the new rules for this class I may get a chance to race a 5 rd bracket race for $1500.I would like to thank all the faster cars that will be racing in this series for an affordable opportunity to race cars much faster than mine and if I get "lucky" a chance to pay for my weekend plus...This is definitely the weakest part of my racing and I am looking forward to improving at this.$130.plus(don't know the exact amount)is a LOT cheaper than the funds I would put up at a big dollar Super Pro event to get this same experience.
I am looking forward to the season and hope the series has enough cars to ALWAYS pay the full amount. See ya all soon!
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #47
G E T Racin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mongo,

WHUT-WHUT!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #48
jayork1331

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Juliano View Post
Im not a local racer at LVD, but I've been running the D1 Lucas Oil races up there since 1995. Its a good track, Ive run S/St,S/G and now T/S up there. Plenty of shutdown, Top Alky cars run there at the points races, so if prepped good, the track can handle big cars.
There were some concerns about the track and as Mr.Juliano stated above its a pretty good track as you will be able to see from the video of nitro injected Alcohol cars at the divisional race running in the 5.30's (john Finke)..BTW Mr.Juliano's T/S car is awesome....if i remember correct its a studebaker...or does the studebaker run in super gas? either way its an awesome piece of machinery... here is some video

some Top dragster action also

and some awesome T/S video

Alcohol Dragster qualifying

Alcohol Funny Car Eliminations

Last edited by jayork1331; 02-28-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: additional information
jayork1331 is offline   Reply With Quote