HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 04-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: SST legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Gusack View Post
I had no idea about the diaper, what a PIA. How many oil downs happen in 10.90 cars? Biondo has too many boxes, Mega this and Mega that. Which one do you like? Which T-stop? The car has a Dominator on it.
Ron, not wanting to sound critical, but I think every car out there should have a diaper. I've been unfortunate to have wrecked my car twice from getting into oil on the track. First time was my oil, from a failure of an o ring on the filter. (Diaper would have caught the oil) second time was getting into oil that someone else put onto the track. I was way more upset after the second time, because that was after they started mandating diapers but it was from a car that didn't require one. Point is, it's not always about you, think about your competators as well. It may not be your wallet that ends up paying the consequences.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #32
Ron Gusack

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C and W Racing View Post
Ron, not wanting to sound critical, but I think every car out there should have a diaper. I've been unfortunate to have wrecked my car twice from getting into oil on the track. First time was my oil, from a failure of an o ring on the filter. (Diaper would have caught the oil) second time was getting into oil that someone else put onto the track. I was way more upset after the second time, because that was after they started mandating diapers but it was from a car that didn't require one. Point is, it's not always about you, think about your competators as well. It may not be your wallet that ends up paying the consequences.
Chuck
I understand completely, you make a good point. I recently went back to a stock type filter and I have a blocked by-pass so I worry about the filter O-ring. I'm willing to run one, but they are a pain.......aren't they?
They mount to the header bolts, with straps, right? Aren't the straps in the way if you have to change plugs? Will they go on and off with a stock Nova subframe?
Ron Gusack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #33
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dennis at DRE can fix ya up and there not as bad as you would think..
217-763-6352
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #34
Joe Capri85

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great thread, all this info from a "is it legal" question. Well I drove to PA and brought back a tube chassis mustang II.(Detroit) My shop is super busy right now put I hope to get to it in the next couple of weeks. My fab guy wants to update the car and keep the 7.50 cert but not sure it matters for what I want to do with it though. The car was built a LONG time ago but has really good parts on it. So the next question is this: I have parts lying around the shop to build a 515 bbc should make plenty of power but I purchased a new deadenbear TS with the second linkage from a guy on here about a year ago for a 4150 style carb.(all new in box) This will hurt power but I don't think that it will matter, it should still run plenty under, but do you guys think it will be just a consistant with the smaller carb on a bigger engine.

a side note I do machine work for some pretty good S/SS guys --way tooo high strung waving temp gauges at 7:30 in morning and draining oil out to go faster. I'm looking forward to being a duck in the 90 towards the end of the season. (for a few races any way)

Thanks Joe
Joe Capri85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #35
Ron Gusack

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I've heard plenty about how much more consistent an under carbed engine is. You can also get 4150's that flow 1200 cfm.

Last edited by Ron Gusack; 04-09-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Ron Gusack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #36
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
Thats when I dump him cause I know he is carrying 5
Chip Johnson
That's what I was thinking too Chip I just throwed the anchor on him.
HR9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #37
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Call Dennis at DRE he can fix you whatever you need for a diaper. Reel easy to deal with.
About plugs. How often do you change the plugs?
How often do you change the oil?
What if it takes a few extra minutes.
I think diapers should be required.
I have one on the dragster and will have one on the camaro soon.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #38
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sst7250 View Post
As previosuly stated it aint about the MPH it is being able to hit the tree and run the number. I think some folks get WAY hung up on the MPH thing personally....
So says the guy running a 7 second car in SST

As far as footbraking, I have won a West Coast Super Gas Association event (which in those days was a 7 or 8 round event) footbraking, and many rounds in divisional racing as well. I also won a bunch of races in an 11.90 index car with .400 tree and no deep staging (I could redlight with either good air or a tiny bump in). All of this was before the LEDs and .370 tree though, and I don't seem to react as quickly to the LEDs as the 0.030 tree difference assumes I will.