HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-01-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
Jim Caughlin

Liked 691 Times in 207 Posts
Default Seattle Divisional

Not wanting to stir the pot but how do we run a divisional race when a significant portion of our Div 6 racers are from Canada and are not currently allowed to cross the border? Doesn't that skew the points in favor of the US racers a bit? Don't get me wrong, I want to race but how can this be fair?

Jim Caughlin
SS 6019
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default Re: Seattle Divisional

Its kind of the same here in D1, the first two races are at New England Dragway and Leb Valley which are two heavily contested events for the Canadians. I think that's the reason they did the 5 Divisional Races out of 7 can be others besides your home division.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Jody Lang

Liked 81 Times in 25 Posts

Jim, it’s my understanding there is no guarantee the border will open on June 21st. If it does open running this race might look like a bad idea. Let’s say like some predict that it doesn’t open before the double at Mission in Sept. Then it might look like it was the right decision. It’s a tough call either way. The Woodburn date says TBD at this point so who knows?
With our weather window up here being at about 4 months starting this month I believe it’s reached the canceling races stage with not enough available weekends left.

I feel Mission’s race is pushing the limits of a potential weather setback being rescheduled in mid September as it is. That’s a third of our races right there. I’ve been there for a few ET Finals in early Sept that were more than sketchy in completing. With one not finishing until Wednesday! Add a double to the mix and all we can do is cross our fingers.

No matter what happens it’s a season that’s going to have an asterisk next to it.

Jim what do you think is the best play if you had a say so?
Jody Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
Jim Caughlin

My vote would be forget the points for the entire season. Run whatever races are available as Natl Opens, NHRA rules including heads up runs, chance to set records and accumulate grade points. As things now stand, who would feel good about winning the Divisional championship with at least a third of our racers not having a fair chance?

Jim Caughin
SS 6019
Old 06-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #5
G Schenck

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
My vote would be forget the points for the entire season. Run whatever races are available as Natl Opens, NHRA rules including heads up runs, chance to set records and accumulate grade points. As things now stand, who would feel good about winning the Divisional championship with at least a third of our racers not having a fair chance?

Jim Caughin
SS 6019
Why give up the Lucas money, some people would feel good about it.

Greg
G Schenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #6
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post

Jim Caughin
SS 6019
Life isn’t FAIR, sure wouldn’t be FAIR to the racers that can attend the races....
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-09-2020, 01:53 AM   #7
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts

Everyone looking forward to a WET weekend?????
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:59 AM   #8
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts

Everyone looking forward to a WET weekend?????
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:55 AM   #9
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

I have been to the Divisional at Seattle for the past few years and loved every minute. With no spectators being allowed and the weather not looking favorable I guess I will find other things to do.

If, by chance, the race does happen good luck to all my friends that are there.

I hope to see you at a race very soon. Maybe the National Open at Bremerton?? It is to be run the week after Seattle.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #10
Jim Caughlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
I have been to the Divisional at Seattle for the past few years and loved every minute. With no spectators being allowed and the weather not looking favorable I guess I will find other things to do.

If, by chance, the race does happen good luck to all my friends that are there.

I hope to see you at a race very soon. Maybe the National Open at Bremerton?? It is to be run the week after Seattle.
Ron, hate to risk saying this in writing but can't you find someone to be 'essential crew' for that you could tag along with?