HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
richie 2

Liked 155 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: E Town rumors are true

tks. nhra....they helped losing the D1 stuff @ SAN-AIR also.
richie 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #12
Shaun Quill

Liked 82 Times in 20 Posts

That’s messed up
Shaun Quill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #13
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

My car and I are very sad and disappointed. Atleast Lions and O.C.I.R went out in style. John Kissel K242
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #14
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Updated National event schedule.

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...463&zoneid=175
Old 01-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #15
Pete Lanciers

Liked 562 Times in 145 Posts
Angry Re: E Town rumors are true

Truly SAD!

I had hoped to return to compete there after I retire next year... I made my 1st 1/4 mile pass there in 1968 having grown up in Highland Park, NJ. When I think of how Richie & Vinnie struggled for it's success throughout the early days it's hard to fathom selling out their dream. I guess it's telling of the times we find ourselves in that the demise of both E-town and Pro Stock seems synchronized as was their emergence...

Seems only fitting, since I was at the first, that I go home for the Summernats even if I can't compete, to at least witness and honor the end of a truly golden era in our sport.
Pete Lanciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #16
SS/1230

Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts

What a shame.. has always been a great track, close to home. Looked forward to the 2 races there every year in D-1. Many good memories at E-town, met my wife there, won national there in 2014, and I hate to see it go. NHRA has gone down hill the last number of years, and to them this isn't even a blip on their radar. People could care less about the racers and the heart and soul they poor into this sport. Its an "on to the next one" kind of attitude. And the non-racers that surround E-town raceway park have done nothing but complain about that facility, and are probably throwing a party right now. Incredibly disappointing...

- James Fontana
SS/1230
STK/1230
SS/1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #17
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I was I of 4 teenagers who went to the Summernationals in 1974. We slept in a tent west of the track, where today, the trailers lineup waiting for the track to open. We drank beer, no shower for 3 days. There was a huge bonfire of used slicks, that really was out of control. I believe the next year was the last year for camping in tents as the outhouses were set on fire and burned to the ground. A few knuckleheads ruined it for everyone. Did I mention we drank beer? They raced the fuel cars well into the night, it was just incredible.
It seems like they have been under pressure since the 1980`s from growing
neighborhoods behind the track. Curfews and walls just delayed the inevitable. If we could follow the money, I`m sure we would see the " why did and how could this happen?"
It still feels like the untimely death of a dear friend.

Mike A114

Last edited by Mike Jones; 01-17-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:36 AM   #18
Marc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just released:

http://www.etownraceway.com/mydocume...estructure.pdf
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #19
SS/1230

Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

ok, so they thank the drag racing community for making e-town the iconic facility it has become, only to stop the racing and continue to support go karts, concerts and monster truck shows? what a joke...
SS/1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #20
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, the Napp family owned and operated business
announced today a reorganization of the company’s business operations. To achieve this
goal, Raceway Park will no longer conduct quarter mile or eighth mile drag racing events
effective immediately. Raceway Park will retain and use the “stadium” portion of the
facility including the VIP hospitality tower and grandstands and continue most of its
operations including the spring and fall auto swap meets, numerous car shows, both
motocross racing and practice, kart racing, as well as drifting, a full schedule of road
course activities, mud runs, monster truck shows, musical concerts, & festival events and
more. The long standing Old Bridge Township Airport, owned and operated by Raceway
Park will also continue to operate as normal.
The new reorganization reflects the company’s plan moving forward beginning in 2018
while allowing Raceway Park to still continue to operate as it has in the past with the
exception of drag racing.
The Napp family wishes to express their most sincere gratitude to the NHRA, and the
many thousands of racers and fans, without whom would have never allowed Raceway
Park to become the iconic and nationally recognized drag racing facility it has over the
past five decades. The Napp family would also like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the
employees that have served our drag racing customers so well over the previous years. It
is with a great sadness that the Napp family is discontinuing drag racing, however the
family looks forward to continuing to provide the best outdoor events in this new era of
Raceway Park.

A lot of great times growing up there!!